[13]

"Scott's going to be late for work. He's stuck in detention." Willow told Deaton, glad she could have more time with the veterinarian.

"That's alright." Deaton nodded and continued his work on the sick dog.

"So you were saying I can do more?" Willow asked, sitting on the metal counter.

"Yes, it is believed that your species have multiple abilities. When they show is up to you."

"What about my mother?" Willow asked hoping to know more about her.

"Yes, she was a great example of your kind. However, it seems like she had lost the range of her powers when she left her pack." Deaton replied confusing Willow.

"Her pack? Aunt River never mentioned any pack." She frowned, not remembering hearing anything about that.

"Like with werewolves, you are stronger in a pack." Deaton avoided her question and continued explaining.

"You're not going to tell me which pack she was in right?" She sighed, her shoulders sagging.

"I'm sorry. You're not ready." Deaton gave her a sympathetic smile and went to the back to put the dog back in his cage.

"I'm grateful for your help doc but you're so secretive." Willow jumped off the counter to leave when she heard the bell tinkle. She quickly ran to the back, thinking it was Scott.

"Scott, you're late again. I hope this isn't getting to be a habit." Deaton called out, pretending he didn't know Scott was in detention. "Can I help you?" Willow couldn't see who it was from her position.

"I hope so." Willow's eyes widened when she realized who it was. "I want to know about the animal you found with the spiral on its side?" Derek asked and Willow didn't know if she should make herself seen or not.

"Excuse me? What animal?" Deaton replied with a question of his own.

"Three months ago. The deer. You remember this?" Willow heard paper rustling and she was curious to see what it was.

"Oh, yes. It's just a deer and I didn't find it. They called me because they wanted to know if I'd ever seen anything like it." Deaton replied with his usual tone of calmness.

"What'd you tell 'em?"

"I told them no." After this Derek stayed quiet for a minute.

"Did you hear that?" He asked making Willow's heart jump, thinking he had heard her.

"Hear what?"

"The sound of your heartbeat rising." Derek replied with a menacing tone.

"Excuse me?"

"It's the sound of you lying." Willow heard Deaton grunt and a cluttering followed after. Willow quickly rushed out and saw Deaton was lying unconscious on the examination table.

"Derek! What are you doing?!" She asked him incredulously before she was thrown to the wall and fell down, slipping into unconsciousness herself.

"What are you doing to me? What do you want?!" Willow blinked couple of times, trying to regain her focus. She heard Deaton yell and saw he was being held up in air by Derek. She guessed she had another concussion before she could heal completely because of how hard Derek slammed her to the wall.

"I want to know who you are or who you're protecting!" Derek replied as Willow tried to get up but her hands and legs were taped together. "She's in on it as well, isn't she?"