Chapter 9

Chapter Nine

          "Oh shit . . . "  Haven heard from next to her as someone moved and nudged her.  She was too warm and comfortable to open her eyes so she just mumbled a few incoherent words to whoever it was.

          "Haven, get up . . . "  Darin's familiar, sleepy voice said and when she didn't move, he groaned, again, "Haven . . .  You need to get up.  We have school today."

          "Your morning voice is sexy . . . "  She mumbled, not caring what he thought of anything she said.  He chuckled, pushing her again, causing her to swat at him and grumble, "Hey, stop it.  I'm comfortable, man." 

          "Haven, I wasn't even supposed to be up here that late.  I won't be surprised if we're busted for sleeping in the same bed," he mumbled causing her eyes to immediately spring open.  She looked around frantically, the realization that they'd fallen asleep together finally hitting her. 

          "Fuck!"  She breathed, jumping up and digging through a bag to find a set of clothes.  She grabbed out a pair of shorts, a tank top, bra and panties.  Darin rubbed his face as she quickly stripped off her two shirts before becoming aware of his presence. 

          "Turn around," she ordered.  

          "Awe, come on . . . "  He whined.  She gave him a death glare and he chuckled, holding his hands up defensively, "Alright, alright . . .  I'm turning around." 

          "Thank you," she said before stripping off the rest of her clothes and changing.  She shoved the dirty clothes in an empty bag and rushed over to her small dresser to brush her hair.  It was surprisingly soft and she smiled when she'd gotten out all of the snarls. 

          She applied a thin layer of eyeliner before putting some chap stick on her lips.  Then, she turned around and presented herself to Darin.  He eyed up her figure before his eyes fell on her beautiful face and a smile spread across his lips. 

          "There; it doesn't even look like you fell asleep with one of the other foster kids," he winked at Haven, causing her to throw the brush at him.  It barely missed his shoulder but still hit him before landing on her bed.

          "What?"  He defensively yelled out. 

          "Shh!"  She said, exasperated. 

          She grabbed out a thin black and green Monster sweatshirt and slipped it over her head before pulling on a pair of socks.  Then, she slammed her feet into her vans and stood up straight.  Darin nodded before standing and stretching. 

          Haven headed down the stairs and checked to see if anyone was awake.  The hallway was empty; all the doors to the bedrooms were closed and it was dead silent.  She waved Darin down and he slipped passed her door before she shut it behind her. 

          "See you downstairs," she muttered and slid down the railing of the other set of stairs. 

          Once her feet were planted firmly on the ground, Haven headed over to the kitchen to grab out two SoBe life waters.  She set one on the counter for Darin and chugged half of the other down after realizing the SoBe waters had become their drink of choice.  Then, she headed back up the stairs and into her room. 

          She grabbed out her tooth brush and tooth paste before walked down to the bathroom.  The door stuck to the frame slightly, annoying Haven to no end until she finally swung it open.  After brushing her teeth, she walked down to Darin's room and knocked on the door.