[CHAPTER 4]

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥:
[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒]

The bell ran to finish the lesson, and only then, I came back to class angrily to grab my things.
I grabbed my bag as I noticed a couple of guys sitting in the corner, checking some girls' asses, and Taehyung was among them.
"Disgusting." I mumbled to myself and sighed.
I turned around and was about to walk away with my roommates, until I heard one of them speaking.
"Dude I would totally smack that ass if I could..." I could hear the boys talking with each other and laughing. I immediately knew they were talking about me.
"Bro stop... not cool" i heard Taehyung's voice speaking as I turned around furiously.
"Y'all have zero respect for a woman I see. You are fucking GROSS." I shouted at them angrily and they didn't seem to care, except for Taehyung. He was the only one to defend me.

"Ignore them. They're not worth the waste of your energy." Carol said as she grabbed my hand and dragged me out of there.
As i walked back to my room, I noticed a couple of guys observing me, and some of them were even trying to hit up on me and Carol.

"Hey... you're the new girl, right?" Another boy came towards me.
"Yea, you need something?" I said and sighed, I totally lost my patience since it was the third guy to hit up on me that day.
"I'm Ian... I just... I've been wondering if you maybe wanna grab lunch with me?" He asked.
"No thank you." I said and meant to walk away, but he grabbed my hand.
"Why not... I mean, we can get to know each other and-" He kept speaking but i didn't let him finish his sentence.
"I said no." I said and kept walking with Carol, leaving the boy shocked.

"Why is every boy in this school so damn horny?!" I told Carol as we finally reached our room.
"To be honest, I've never seen so many boys trying to flirt with the same girl in one day. I guess you just really caught their eyes... not gonna lie, you're really beautiful" Carol said and smiled at me as we got into our room.
"Thanks" I said back and laid on my bed as the feeling of exhaustion hit me.

Taehyung's point of view

The new girl.
She wasn't like every other girl in this school.
She was different.

Every year, the boys of our class have a competition between each other, and we keep it a secret.
The competition goes like this-
Every girl in this school is worth ten points.
If a boy manages to flirt with a girl and hook up with her, he'll get those ten points.
The amount of points changes according to how hard to get the girl is.
The boy that has the highest score at the end of the year, is the winner.
I've won this competition three years in a row now, and the competition for this year has already begun.
Everyone heard of the new girl, and a lot of boys have already tried to flirt with her.

After class, I went back to my room with my roommates, and all of us laid in bed while talking about the competition.
"Yo, I've heard the new girl blew Ian off today" Jimin, my roommate, said.
"She doesn't give a single fuck about any of us here" Namjoon, my other roommate said.
"It's insane. I've also heard that the boys changed the number of points on her... the new girl is worth HUNDRED POINTS!!!" Jimin said and I choked on the air.
"Hundred points?!" I said with a shocked face. So far, no girl has equaled such a large number of points.
"no wonder why three guys tried to flirt with her in one day, and the day isn't even over yet." Namjoon answered.
"Damn... that's a lot" I kept saying, but felt uncomfortable at the same time.
"I don't know guys... what if she has a boyfriend?" I said as I tightened my jaw and rubbed my neck gently.
Both Namjoon and Jimin looked at each other and burst out laughing.
"Since when does Kim Taehyung care about if the girls he flirts with have a boyfriend?" Jimin said while raising both of his eyebrows.
"Do you want me to count the number of girls that cheated on their boyfriends with you?" Jimin kept saying and smirked.
"You're right... I'm probably stressing out over the number of points" I said back, although I knew it wasn't because of the number of points.

The weekend came quickly.
All of the students have a choice whether to stay at the boarding school at weekends, or drive home to their family and get back on Mondays.
I drive home to my uncle, but most times he's abroad.
I packed some clothes as Yoongi walked into the room.
"I see you're driving home..." Yoongi said as he reached to help me.
Usually, me and Yoongi stayed at the boarding school on weekends since he had no place to go to, and my uncle wasn't home.
In summer vacations, Yoongi always stays in my place, so we spend most of our time together since we were little kids.
"Yes... my uncle got back. But he's soon going to fly to another country again... you know how business works." I replied.
"Take advantage of this. You won't have a lot of time to spend with your uncle..." Yoongi said as we were done packing the clothes.
"You're right" I told him and he accompanied me out of the boarding school.
My uncle was standing there with his car, and I hugged him tightly the moment I saw him.
"I've missed you" I told my uncle, Chan-woo.
"I've missed you too boy. Now get into the car, I can't wait to spend the weekend with you" Chan-woo said to me as I got into his car and waved Yoongi.

I finally got home.
I stepped a foot into the huge house as I placed the bag at the entrance.
My uncle was a businessman, that's the reason why he was always abroad.
My parents died when I was a baby, and Cha-woon was my savior.
He raised me up as if I was his own child, he really is like a father to me.
Even though Cha-woon came back, he spent all of the weekend on important phone calls that are related to his job, so I found myself a lot of times loitering on the couch and watching TV.

"Taehyung... I need to speak to you for a moment" Cha-woon suddenly said after his phone call ended. I was laying on the couch, and he slowly turned off the TV.
"What is it?" I asked when I saw his serious face expression.
"I actually have multiple things to talk to you about..." he said again and I frowned.
"I wasn't around when you were in the investigation. I know how hard it is for you...
I know how deeply in love you were with Olivia-" Cha-woon said but I cut his sentence angrily.
"If that's what you wanted to talk about, then I don't want to listen" I said back. Talking about her was a sensitive issue for me.
"She didn't kill herself, Taehyung. The police already confirmed that she was murdered. I just want to know how you're doing... this news must be devastating" Cha-woon said as I tried so hard not to let the tears fill my eyes.

"That's exactly why I don't want to talk about it." I said and my voice shivered.
"At first I... i was so angry at her for doing what she did after what we've been through...
but now... now I know that it's not her. And I don't know what to think anymore..." I kept saying as I quickly wiped the tears from my eyes.
Cha-woon patted on my back as he gave me a hug.
"I want to find out who did this to her... I swear to god the moment I find out... I'll fucking murder him..." I cried into his shoulders as my voice broke.
"Taehyung... you need to relax a little... I won't talk about this if you don't want to." Cha-woon said to me as he hugged me tighter.
"Let's just talk about something else... what did you want to talk about except for this?" I said as I pulled away and wiped my tears.
"I don't think it's a good moment..." He said.
"Come on, just tell me... who knows when I'll see you the next time" I said back with my shivering voice.
"I... okay fine. I'll tell you." Cha-woon said and gulped as he looked straight into my eyes.
"It's about your parents..." He suddenly said and I felt like my heart stopped beating.
"What about them?" I asked, it was weird for me because we never talked about them.
"It might sound strange but... they... they're not dead." He suddenly said and I was shocked. That sentence took me a lot of time to process. I didn't know how to respond.
"How... why... what?!" I said, I was so confused.
"I... really didn't know when to tell you this..." Chan-woo replied and I was stuck with the same shocked face.
"They wanted to put you in a orphanage when you were a baby... you were never meant to be born." He kept speaking and I bit my tongue from anger.
"And you're telling me this only now?! Why?!" I said loudly, almost shouting.
"I'm not around most times because of my job Taehyung, I didn't know when was the right time, and also that's the reason why I put you in a boarding school in the first place.
What did you want me to do?! To tell a little kid his parents dumped him because they didn't want him?!" Cha-woon answered back.
I breathed hard as I turned my hands into fists, trying so hard not to hit the table with all of my strength.
I took a deep breath before speaking again.
"If they're not dead... where are they?" I asked, I couldn't even look at him.
"I don't know Taehyung...
The moment your father told me they want to send you away, I couldn't let that happen and I took the responsibility for you. Your parents moved away, and I completely lost touch with my brother... who's your father." Cha-woon answered back. I felt like my life is a whole damn movie.
"What's his name... what's... my father's name....?" I asked as I looked at the ground. I've never met my parents, and Cha-woon never spoke to me about them.
"Ha-Joon. Kim Ha-Joon."