[CHAPTER 12]

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥:
[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 12]

Author's point of view

After school was over, you went to the storage where you and Taehyung agreed to meet.

You opened the door slowly, and he sat down there, turning his head to face you.
"Hey..." you said as you closed the door behind you.

Nobody goes into the storage except for the workers when they need something, but it happens rarely too.

"Hi..." he said as he was holding a map, and there were a lot of other maps around him. You frowned.
"What do you need help with?" You asked him as you put your bag aside and sat next to him.
"Look, i took all of these maps from geography room. I need you to help me find a town named 'Greenstine'" Taehyung said, but you had no idea why he wanted you to help him.
"Can I ask you something?" You said and he looked straight into your eyes.
"Yea" He answered back as he leaned his back on the shelves.
"Why me?
I mean... you have Yoongi who can help you find your parents... why do you want my help?" You asked him curiously.

"Well... Yoongi can't really help me at the moment because he has a lot of things going on right now...
And you're the only one who knows about my parents except for him. I accidentally told you this when I was drunk, but even though I didn't mean to tell you, i really need someone's help, and you're the only one who knows that can help me so..." He said and moved his eyes back to the map.
"Alright" You said back and grabbed one of the maps. Although it was weird, the fact that he asked for your help after all of the things that happened between the two of you, probably means it's really important to him.
"Greenstine you said?" You kept saying, you really cooperated with him.
"Yes" he said and smirked once he realized you're willing to help him.
After at least an hour of trying to find that town, the two of you got tired.
"Listen, we've been searching for it for too long. Why do you even need to find that town?" You asked him after searching thoroughly.
"Well... nobody heard from my father for the past years and my uncle told me that the last time he saw him, he was in a town named Greenstine." Taehyung replied.
"I don't think it's a good idea searching for that town. Who knows if he's still there, you said yourself that your uncle saw him there a couple of years ago, what are the chances that he's still there?" you said, offering to do something else.
"What are you suggesting to do?" He asked while putting the maps away.
"I don't know..." You said and sighed.
The two of you just sat there, looking at the ground, and not knowing what to do.

"Wait..." You said and Taehyung immediately lifted his head up to look at you.
"What is it?" Taehyung asked curiously, it looked like you came up with something.
"What's your father's name?" You asked him curiously.
"Kim Ha-joon" He said as you pulled out your phone.
"Y/n, don't bother trying to google his name. There are probably tons of people named that way in Korea" Taehyung said as he saw you were typing something.
"I'm not googling his name... I'm texting someone who might help us find the person we need" You said while texting someone.
"What? Who?" Taehyung asked curiously, hoping that what you're doing would really work.
"My father." You answered back.
You didn't really like communicating with your father, but you did text him whenever you needed something from him. Most times you used him for money, but nowadays you didn't really need money.
"How is your father going to help us?" He asked.
"My dad has relations with people in all kinds of places. I'm pretty sure he knows someone who can find the person who matches that name for us, and maybe find your father" You said while texting him.
"Really?" Taehyung asked, he prayed that this plan will work.
"Yea... We'll just have to wait until he answers" you said back as you finished texting him.

Yoongi's point of view

After a couple of days that I've spent in the hospital, the doctor said I can finally return to my room, even though I didn't fully recovered.
The test was about to come tomorrow, and I studied so hard the day i got left.
I was super afraid I'm not going to pass the test, because I couldn't study properly when I was in the hospital.
If I fail, I will no longer be able to continue in this boarding school. And that means I'll have to live in the streets, because I have nobody to go to.
The school makes it much harder for the poor.
The test is practically a way to get rid of us in a 'decent' way.
Every each year, many students fail the test and get kicked out of the boarding school.
I always work and study super hard, that's how I manage to stay. but right now, I don't think it's going to be the same.
It's my last year and I have to work ten times harder to get my scholarship for my dream college- Harvard. My future depends on it.

The day of the test came, I was so nervous.
I got into class, still with the bandaid wrapped around my head. All of the students who were taking the test sat there, and I could see they were stressed as well.
I sat down on the chair and took out a pencil, the class was super quiet.
The teacher came in, holding the papers in her hand. My heart was beating so fast.
"Good morning. Today you'll be taking the yearly tests.
Phones off, and I only want to see a pencil on your desks as I hand in the sheets. You have two hours to finish" The teacher said, making me feel more stressed.
She walked among us and handed us the tests.
When she handed me the papers, I felt like I was about to pass out.
The test was so long, probably the longest test I've ever taken.
I started writing, not even sure what to write. The test was difficult, I felt like I was just writing nonsense.
At some point, a lot of students already began to hand in the papers, and I was far away from being done. I took a deep breath, trying to focus on the test and not on the people around who finished.
My body was shaking, and my hands were sweating.
After a while, I was the only one who got left in the class.
I was almost done, but I'm pretty sure I got most of the answers wrong.
"Yoongi, you have ten minutes left." The teacher said while checking the time on her watch.
My heart was beating faster and faster.
I wrote down whatever came up to my mind, not thinking much. I didn't have a choice, I preferred filling in all of the answers even though I was sure I'm not right.
When I finished the test, I exhaled sharply and quickly handed the test to the teacher. I didn't even have time to go through the test and check it.

I got out of class, and all of the students were out there, comparing their answers.
Everyone stared at me weirdly and started whispering things to each other, because usually I'm the one who finishes the test first.
It went bad. It was the worst test I've ever taken, and I knew that it's the end for me in this boarding school.
After the test I got into my room, all I wanted at that moment was to be alone.
I laid under the blanket, trying so hard not to cry. The test I've studied for months went terrible. It's like throwing all of the hard work to the trash.

I called Taehyung, telling him to meet me in the student's garden at night.
When the night came, I waited for him there.
After a few minutes of waiting, Taehyung showed up.
He could see I had bad news to tell him when he looked at my face.
"What's wrong?" He asked and sat next to me.
"Taehyung..." I said but I couldn't stop the tears from filling my eyes.
"Are you... are you crying?!" Taehyung asked worriedly as I looked at him.
"Listen... I need you to promise me you won't do more stupid things... okay?" I said and Taehyung couldn't understand.
"W-what? Yoongi why are you saying this?" Taehyung kept asking me.

"The test..." I said and didn't finish my sentence. Taehyung already knew by my mood that it went bad.
"I know I haven't gotten the results yet, but I wanted to tell you that I'm saying goodbye. I want to do it as early as possible, I know I don't need to wait for the results to know that I'm leaving. I wanted to tell you this now to make it less painful" I said and my voice shivered, I could see Taehyung was struggling to cry as well.
"Are you fucking serious? Are you really saying goodbye right now?!
Just because it didn't go well doesn't mean you're going to fail, and it absolutely doesn't mean you're going to leave me" Taehyung answered, trying to think positively.
"No taehyung... you don't understand... this test determines everything. It's the end of me" I kept saying and Taehyung's tears slowly went out.
"No... no.... you're not leaving me Yoongi" he said and I hugged him tight.
"YOU ARE NOT LEAVING!!!" He screamed and cried into my shoulder, I held him tightly and cried with him.
"You're not leaving... I won't let it happen... i will destroy things, I will yell at the principal if it's what it takes!!!" Taehyung kept saying.
"No Taehyung. I don't want you to get kicked out too... just please... promise me you'll do well here without me..."