Dabi needs a tutor.

Aizawa goes to a bookshop in search of some extra learning materials. As a teacher, he should be more knowledgeable than his students in the subjects he's teaching. Aside from heroics, he also teaches chemistry and physics, it's a headache to keep track off, he should probably just stick to the learning modules given to him but honestly? What's the point of being a strict teacher if he can't be strict with himself?

If his students are giving their 110%, he'd have to give 120%, that's just how it is. If he can't do that then he doesn't have the right to be as strict as he is now. Every single question is to be answered, if he can't do that he can't be a teacher, or at least that's his philosophy. He goes by the usual section he goes to and was surprised to see an adult there.

Well.

He shouldn't judge, although he can smell burnt skin off from him, an unpleasant scent that he's had the unfortunate scene of smelling multiple times in his career. He doesn't stare, because that's rude, instead, he takes a book from the shelf and studies it's contents for a bit, wondering what he should take back home.

"So annoying, why the hell should I study kiddy science shit?" The man grunts, taking a book, "I can't understand a single shit."

....

Aizawa ignores him and continues on with his search,

"Stupid Tomura, whats the point of this shit? So what if Toga knows more than me? That's not my fucking fault."

"She went to school. I didn't. Now I have to study this shit all by myself, don't even remember the hell one plus one is at math, why the fuck do I-"

Aizawa taps the troubled man on his shoulder, the person jumps back a bit, a quizzical look on his face.

".... I can't help but overhear  you. Would you like some help?" He asked, the man looks conflicted, like he's wondering if Aizawa is pitying him or not, "I'm a teacher."

"So you think I'm one of those kids you have to teach, huh?" He asks, a brow raised, Aizawa stares at him, deadpanned.

"I have some extra time and I don't mind helping." He glanced at the book the man was holding, "if you're trying to be self taught in chemistry it might help to have a bit of a head start. That's the case in all subjects actually."

"Oh yeah? What if I don't want to study?"

"Then tell that to the person who's telling you to study." The man's face twists into a grimace, he sighs and lets Aizawa drag him off, Aizawa pays for both their books and drags them off to a nearby cat cafe to study.

"Do we have to do this here?" The man asks, sitted on the ground with Aizawa, a couple of cats around them.

"I paid for your drink and your seat, what do you have to complain about?" Aizawa asked, holding the book for him as well, the man snorts.

"Yeah. Whatever."

Aizawa taught him the best as he can with the book, the lessons were fairly easy. He just wasn't sure if the student he's teaching understood, he asked a lot of questions ( which Aizawa answered, all of them. Even the snarky ones because he's actually trying to get the man to understand ) and Aizawa's pretty sure he dozed off at least twice.

"Alright, for your homework-"

"You're giving me homework too?" He asked, exasperated.

"Yes. Problem?" He asked, his brow rose, he wasn't actually sure if he's ever going to meet him again, he hasn't even asked for his name yet.

"Really? Fine." He sighed, "my name is Dabi. I guess I'll meet you here tomorrow?"

Oh.

"Yeah. I can do that. Now for your homework-"

"I was hoping you'd forget that." He snickered, Aizawa rolled his eyes and continued to talk. Their session at the cat cafe ended and Aizawa went back home, parting ways with 'Dabi.'

Aizawa wasn't sure why but he comes by at the cat cafe after school, same time, same place. Atleast if Dabi doesn't come around he can just have fun with his cats- Dabi does come around though and he gives Aizawa a smug smirk when he comes in.

"I did my homework, Sensei." He said, sitting next to him, Aizawa paused, sensei?

Well. In a sense, he is his teacher for the time being, Aizawa shifts a bit since Dabi was sitting a bit too close, Dabi was about to shift closer but a cat sat inbetween them.

Aizawa reviewed his homework and was mildly amused when everything was answered except for the last two question, in which Dabi just did a faint doodle that looked like Aizawa.

"You got too lazy to answer, didn't you?" He asked, snickering himself a bit, Dabi smirked.

"Yeah, problem with it teach?"

"No. You answered the rest of them fairly well despite the chicken scratch writing-"

"My writing is not that bad."

"Indeed. I've seen worse." He says, taking out his green pen, he checks the rest of the homework and proceeds with the lesson.

It becomes sort of a routine.

After Shinso's training sessions in school, he goes straight to the cat cafe and waits for Dabi to come in, always, he leaves the last two questions unanswered to Aizawa's homeworks and always, Aizawa let's him off. Dabi's a grown ass man anyways, not his business if he gets too lazy to answer the last questions. It goes on and on until finally, the book is finished.

"You know, you're fairly easy to teach." Aizawa says, "you get everything right. If you weren't so lazy you'd probably be getting perfect marks from me."

"If I'd gotten everything perfect, would you have considered going on a date with me for a reward?" He asked, Aizawa rolls his eyes.

"You're 24, only actual students need rewards to study."

"I always answered lazily because you didn't give me an incentive to answer more than I need to."

"That's not my fault. You're an adult."

"Heh, I should've lied about my age." Dabi snorts. Aizawa closes the book and hands it back to him.

"Well, there you go, you've got a head start that you needed, wish you luck on other subjects?" Aizawa says, he raises his hand for a handshake.

Dabi hands him another book, Aizawa stares.

"What, you're a teacher, right?" Dabi says with a lazy grin, "what's another subject to you?"

"I'm charging you for extra lessons."

"That's fair."

Somehow, Aizawa doesn't mind. After all, what's another student to teach? He's a teacher, and he's getting free cat cafe visits and free drinks. There's nothing to complain about.