20-Deep Down

*Leahs pov*

I stop and glance through store windows as I walk around the mall. I was supposed to be here with Kate, but she cancelled for some family emergency. But it's fine, I'm ok by myself. Besides, it's nice to have a break from her sometimes.

After I stop in some stores, my arms start to get tried from holding these bags, and I'm getting hungry. So I head to the food court.

Once I get there, I go through all the options of food, until I finally decide. But as I'm walking, I realize that Jennifer is sitting at a table all alone. And to be honest, she looks really lonely. I think to myself and pick my next move, which probably wasn't the smartest.

I make my way over to her, her eyes meet mine before I even get to her. I stop for a second and smile. But she just eyes me up and down and looks the other way. I roll my eyes and keep walking til I get to her.

"Hey you.." I say softly and nudge her shoulder. But she just ignores me. I sit in a chair beside her and rest my chin on my palm. "Look I don't wanna talk to you, ok?" She says finally making eye contact.

"Why not?" I ask. "Do you really have  to ask that? I mean, you're the one who wanted to "call it quits" remember? That was you, it was you're idea." She says actually getting upset.

"I know Jen, but, I've been miserable without you....and the only reason I said that stuff, was because of Kate, since you two don't get along, it wasn't helping our relationship in any way." I explain and she sighs.

"Ok? Well you're still with her Leah, so nothing is gonna change.." She crosses her arms. "You might not get along with Kate, but you get along with me, don't you? So we can just be together, when me and Kate aren't.." I suggest and I see her start to play with her fingers.

"What do you mean by "together"?" She asks slowly. "Jen...together as in friends..." I tilt my head and she looks away again with disappointment. "Besides! You have Ben don't you?" I ask and she cuts her eyes at me giving me that a look.

"Totally, because that completes my life." She sighs. "Where is Ben by the way, is he here with you?" I ask. "No, he wanted to be with me today, but I lied to get out of it..." She mutters. "Why would you do that?" I ask. "Because!" She shoots back getting defensive.

"Because...he's not you..." She says and blinks slowly. "That proves my point, we miss eachother and the friendship we had." I say making it clear that I'm not talking about a real relationship. And she scoffs and rolls her eyes.

"So let's just go back to normal, with a few boundaries, that's all." I shrug and put my hand on hers, rubbing her skin with my thumb.

"I don't know Leah..." She sighs. "Look Jen, you miss how we were don't you?" I ask and she nods. "Then why pass up this chance, I'll make sure that you and Kate don't cross paths if you really want me to." I suggest. "That's not necessary.." She says softly. "Then what do you say?" I ask eager for an answer.

"Ok...and I don't care if I see Kate, just, make it clear that I don't like her.." she tilts her head and furrows her brows. "Oh I'm sure she knows." I giggle and she smiles softly. "Yeah...you're probably right." She smiles and shrugs. "Like always." I say dramatically and flip my hair.

"Oh please, you wish." She rolls her eyes with that bitchy tone and I just laugh. "C'mon, let's go into some stores." I say and stand up. "It looks like you've already bought the whole mall." She says and eyes my bags.

"Eh, there's always room for more." I shrug and she nods her head agreeing with me.

We start to walk around and stop in some shops here and there. Eventually we get to this store called Spencer's. It's basically this adult store with a lot of fucked up things like stuff for weed, drinking things, naughty games and toys, but they're are also just some graphic tees and hats.

"Ooo let's go in here." Jen stops in front of it. "Are you serious?" I laugh. "Yup." She nods and already starts walking in. "Mmkay." I roll my eyes and follow behind her.

I get in the store and look around while Jen is looking at some stuff near me. I look through some of the adult coloring books, and just laugh at them. I look behind me to show Jen, but she wasn't there, of course. I sigh and put the book down, then I start to look for her in the store.

I walk around and look at some things here and there. Then I realize that Jen is probably in the back, I wouldnt be surprised...

The back of the store is where they hold all of the toys. Which is ok with me, but there's a lot. I walk to the back of the store, and sure enough, there she is, standing in front of this huge wall of them. They're all different shapes color and sizes. It's kind of ridiculous.

"Jennifer, what are you doing?" I ask and laugh a little. "Shopping." She says innocently. "You don't need this stuff." I say and point at the wall. "I'm an adult Leah, if I wanna buy one, then I will." She shrugs. "You don't need them though, you have Ben, and in case you didn't know, he has a real dick." I cross and my arms.

She cuts her eyes at me and gives me this look. "Stop." She says kind of emotionless, and I put my hands up in defense. "Just sayinnn." I say and slowly turn around looking at the incense burners. "Well, you don't have to tell me Leah, ok? But thanks for the fucking reminder." She says and walks past me bumping my shoulder a little.

"Don't be like that Jen." I sigh and catch up to her. "I'm not being like anything." She shrugs and looks at some shot glasses. "Look, I'm sorry ok?" I say and put my hand at her lower back.

"Why don't we go for ice cream?" I ask and she starts to grin. "Of course you know my weakness.." She says and looks at me with a smile. "Yeah? Ok, let's go." I smile and grab her hand heading out of the store.

I stop walking when my phone starts to ring. I pull it out of my pocket and Kate's name is on the screen. Jen stops too and looks down at my phone. I look up at her and tilt my head. "I'm really sorry, she had family stu-." She cuts me off. "Go ahead.." She says emotionless. "Are you sure?" I ask.

"Yeah, it's fine." She nods and forces a smile. "Thankyou baby, I'll make it up to you, I promise." I say and lightly touch her shoulder. She nods, then I head to the front of the mall.

I don't wanna leave Jennifer, but Kate is my girlfriend, and her dad got put in the hospital, so I think it's best if I'm with her. Even if deep down, I'd much rather be with Jen.