38-Late

*jens pov*

I got home after tutoring and just sat around in my pajamas. The last time I texted Leah was this morning at school. She went to work today, so we haven't talked much. But I miss her, I'm glad we decided to live together. But I'm nervous because I'm calling my parents tomorrow and letting them know about everything.

Leah is technically gonna be a surprise for them. I'll call them and just say that I've met someone, and that I want them to meet that someone. I won't say he or she. So they won't find out until this weekend when I bring Leah to meet them. It might not be the best idea, because I don't want them going off on me and Leah.

But she insists to come, for support. That's why I love her. Besides, I know she won't be scared of my parents, she's a very confident person, and no matter what, we'll still have eachother.

I mean, the worse that could really happen, is that they don't let me use the storage space because they're homophobic. And I'll just have to sell my furniture. But I'm not even doing this for the storage anymore. I have to tell them, I want them to know. Especially if me and Leah do take our relationship further, like getting married. I'd want them to know that I'm seeing her instead of just dropping a bomb on them.

"Hey I'm getting married next month to a person you've never met before, oh, and she has a vagina." Yeah that wouldn't settle too well with them.

-

I wake up the next morning to banging noises. I flutter my eyes open, and wait for it to stop so I can go back to sleep. But it doesn't, and eventually it gets louder. So I groan and walk over to my window since that's where it's coming from. I look out the window and see that they're doing construction next door.

I roll my eyes knowing that I'll be hearing that for a couple of days. I walk back to my bed, but then I stop once I see the time on the clock beside my bed.

It's already 9:05, and school starts at 8:30! Fuck my life.

I run over to my closet and throw on a pair of jeans, and a black blouse. Then I run to the bathroom, brush my teeth, put on just concealer and mascara, then I barely run a brush through my hair.

"Shit shit shit." I say as I turn around and grab my shoes and my phone. I run out of my apartment, and down to the lobby, barefoot. Then I get in my car and put my shoes on, which takes like 3 years.

I groan once I finally get them on, then I put the key in the ignition. But all my car does is make a weird sound. "The fuck?" I mutter as it makes the same sound when I turn it again.

"Goddamn it!" I yell and lay my head on the steering wheel. I rub my forehead, and decide to call Leah.

"Hello?.." Leah says in a husky voice since I probably just woke her up.

"Hi baby. Um, I need you to give me a ride to the school." I say straightforward since I'm already so late.

"What? You're not already there? Don't you leave at like 7:40?" She asks and I roll my eyes.

"Yes, I know. My alarm didn't go off, and my car won't start, please pick me up." I say in a winy tone.

"Uhm, ok yeah, I'll be there in like 10 minutes." She says and I groan.

"Ok, ok, bye." I say and hang up.

I get out of the car, and go back into the lobby to wait for Leah. Eventually I see her car pull up in front of my building, so I quickly walk out, and hop in her car.