An Accident

So.. I got surprised with a surprise vacation! I won't update as quick but I will still upload!

Thank you for 18 views, it doesn't seem like much but it means a lot to know that someone is interested in my story!

----------------------------------

-Darryl's POV-

"What the hell do you want, Zak?"

I was then pushed to the side of the road all of a sudden. I was about to literally punch him until I heard a loud bang..

When I turned around, I was in shock. I couldn't register the scene that was in front of me right now. 

Why was Zak on the ground?

Covered in blood?

Unconscious?

No. I instantly called 911 and told them where we were and the address. I kneeled down beside Zak. And the guilt was now getting to me. Overwhelming me so much, it felt like I could barely breathe. I was sobbing so hard, hopelessly trying to give him CPR, knowing it would do nothing. I look at his face, blood all over it, with the water still in his eyes and his cheeks still stained with tears.

Cmon, Zak. Stay with me. Fight for me. 

Please.

-Descriptive Scene-

Then the ambulance arrived. I told them in my tears to save him and make sure he lived. I watched as the medical workers gently picked him up and put him onto a stretcher. I grimaced as I saw that you could see his leg bone through the horrible missing chunk of skin and flesh on his leg. I saw that he had blood all over his body an that his right arm looked out of place. My eyes followed him all the way until he was completely in the ambulance.

-Ends Here-

I immediately ran to my car so I could follow the ambulance on the way to the hospital. I could barely see through my tear stained vision, but eventually I got there. I watched as they took Zak out of the stretcher into the emergency room to get him operated on. I went into the waiting room to begin my long wait.

I was anxious, no doubt, to see if he would make it through.

But the guilt. Was overwhelming.

Why would I say those things to him? Even after all I said to him, he still tried to save me from that car.

Then I thought the one thing that would haunt me for the rest of my life.

It should have been me. I deserve it. Not him.

Tears came to y eyes again as I thought this thought again and again. Over and over. Each time a piece of my heart chipping away.

It should've been me.

Why am I such a monster? If he dies because of this, it'll be all my fault and everyone will hate me. Heck, I hate myself already.

What if-

"Darryl?" a doctor interrupted my thoughts.

"That's me" I respond, eager to hear if there's any news about Zak.

"The good news is that Zak isn't dead."

I sighed a sigh of relief, but I was still very anxious, knowing that there was bad news.

"The bad news. Is that your friend Zak is in a coma, and we don't know when he will come out of it. A coma is when there is damage to the brain. He hit his head in the car crash really hard, causing severe brain damage that caused internal bleeding in the brain, that led his brain to swell and therefore leading him into a coma."

I've seen these types of cases on TV. Does that mean..

"Will he still have his memory when he wakes up?" I ask

"There's no way to predict if he will still have his memory or not if he wakes up."

There's a chance.

"You should go home now. Come back in the morning. There won't be much news for now." 

"Oh, also, my name is  Dr. Bald if you need me." the doctor says as he walks away.

-Third Person-

Darryl didn't even feel like laughing at the doctor's ironic name. He decided it was probably best for him to go home and come back tomorrow morning.

He got up and trudged to his car, his cheeks stained with tears. He was going to have to tell his family about what happened tomorrow, too. He was so distracted on the car ride home that he didn't notice that there was a car coming in the opposite direction. Luckily he swerved just in time to avoid it.

"Oh my goodness" he breathed. 

Darryl slowly opened the door to his house and looked around. It seemed so empty.

He felt empty.

Darryl walked around, and his eyes landed on Zaks room. 

He slowly walked towards it until he was in the room.

He could see Zak's messy bed that he never fixed, his white walls that Darryl always said was too bland, and then Darryl's eyes landed on Zak's pc.

The screen was still on and Darryl went to it and opened a tab. It was an email that Zak hadn't been able to send. 

(Don't judge me, I'm just making up these emails lol)

To: invadedlandsbuildteam

From: zakahmed@gmail.com

Subject: Build

Hey Build Team, I have a request for you guys. Can you make a huge spawn for Bad's server? I know this is kind of random, it's just that he deserves better and I recently did something that he wouldn't like, so I'm trying to fix it for him. This isn't a troll, I just really need you guys to do this as soon as possible. You know I care for Bad, so please do this soon. Thanks guys, I'll be sure to pay you extra.

                                                                                                                                                                              Send?

He really did care and try to help get it back. Darryl thought. 

Darryl smiled slightly at the email, noticing the part where he said he cared about him.

And what did I do? I said a whole bunch of really hurtful things about him. To his face.

Darryl remembered the last thing he said to Zak.

I hope you die.

Darryl remembered Zak's face. His eyes were full of tears, begging Darryl to forgive him.

Darryl has never saw Zak so heartbroken, looking so sad and regretful.

What have I done?

Darryl collapsed onto the floor of Zak's bedroom, hugging himself, trying to keep himself together even though it felt like he was breaking apart. And he sat there sobbing his anguish and despair out until he eventually fell asleep right there on Zak's bedroom floor.

------------------------------

1088 words!! Nice

Sorry this chapter was a bit sad, and they will be sad for the next few too. This chapter represents the start of Darryl's severe regret and sadness. 

But I promise! There will be a happy ending!

Next Chapter will be out in the next few days.

Bye guys!

vote or die tmr