Culpability

cul·pa·bil·i·ty/ˌkəlpəˈbilədē/

1. noun: culpability responsibility for a fault or wrong; blame.

---------------------------------------

Sorry for the wait. There were people still commenting their decisions and I wanted them to have a say too! I also changed the title of the story and the cover.

You guys chose for Zak to be saved. This will affect the plot. Hope you made the right choice! :)

*******************

-Pedestrian's POV-

For some reason, I felt a tug deep down to save the one that was about to get cut with a knife.

Acting fast, I launched myself at the knife guy. Using the element of surprise to my advantage, I took out my knife and cut the attacker in the face when he quickly turned his head to face me.

"Go!" I shouted at the now free victim. He looked weak and his eyes were filled with hopelessness, loss, sadness. 

I couldn't think much of it, because the attacker was now trying to wrestle me down. My heart skipped a beat as I saw him take out a gun from his pocket.

"Not much of a hero now, are you?" The attacker whispered harshly.

This is it.

I closed my eyes, glad to know that I was able to save someone. I hadn't gotten a chance to see what was happening with the guy who was being choked.

The attacker got me into a proper choke hold. I my eyes followed the gun, which was moving to my head.

I thought of my wife and kids. The most important people in my life. 

I didn't have enough energy to say it out loud, so I thought it.

I love you.

And then I heard a loud shot, an enormous pain, and then everything went dark.

F's in the chat for the pedestrian :(

-Zak's POV-

As soon as the random guy got ahold of my attacker and got him distracted, I got up as quickly as I could, not caring about my stupid leg.

I didn't even think about the pain. I looked around for Darryl and saw that his limp body was lying on the ground, with no movement at all. The attacker wasn't there. What made them run away?

An ear-breaking loud shot made me jump and I nearly had a heart attack.

Did I get shot?

Or was it Darryl?

When I turned around to find the source, I screamed. The pedestrian that saved me was shot, and their dead body was lying on the ground. Both of the attackers were now gone, leaving me here by myself with two bodies. My vision was getting dark. I couldn't breathe. My breathing accelerated. I fell to the ground and started crying.

Come back Darryl.

This is all my fault. Everything is.

CPR.  Why have a wasted all this time? Darryl could still be alive.

Shut up and stop crying and feeling sorry for yourself. You can cry all you want later. Darryl is the most important.

Limping toward his body, I began to do chest compressions.

"Cmon, cmon, please Darryl."

"Please."

"Stay alive."