Chapter Two

Stay with me please. It gets better

Day of the release.

"Shit! Everyone to security, level one." I heard Benji yell over the speakers through out the bunker and ran for the stairs.

Once I got to the security room on level one, everyone was in there. Everyone except the kids. They were on level six playing at the playground, before you say anything, we have two very capable people watching the monitors and Aunt Tina down there with them.

"What is it Ben?" I asked as I made my way to the monitors.

"They are releasing it." Noah said, like he was in shock.

"We knew they were releasing it, why do you sound so shocked?" Lisa asked Noah.

"Look at the timer Lo." Benji said from his spot in front of the computer.

"Shit!" I yelled, scaring everyone within hearing range. The timer said we had twenty minutes before they would release it when we were suppose to have another twenty four hours.

"Some one get on the phone before they cut it off and call Gabe, NOW!" I screamed.

Kendall took her phone out of her pocket and said, "I don't have service down here."

I snatched the phone out of her hand and ran to the ground floor, where the main bunker door is and opened the door.

I went to Gabe's contact information and hit call. It rang and rang, and rang.

"Come one Gabe, answer please." I said tapping my hand on my leg.

"Hello?" Gabe said.

"GABE?!" I practically yelled.

"What's wrong Lo?" He asked worriedly.

"You need to get to the bunker, they are releasing the neuroagent now. If you leave now and head to the bunker, you will make it before it hits town." I told him.

"Damn it!" He yelled in the phone. "We haven't picked up Erika's grandma yet."

I knew what that meant, he wouldn't be able to make it to the bunker before they released the neuroagent. Erika's grandma lived an hour away from the bunker, an hour there and an hour back.

"Shit Gabe, why didn't you pick her up first?" I asked, defeated and depressed. My oldest brother wouldn't make it back to the bunker before they let off the neuroagent and I'm not sure if they would make it. A tear slipped free before I asked, "doesn't Erika's grandma have a room in her basement that has one window and a metal door?"

"How did you know?" Gabe asked.

"I remember going down there the last time I went with Erika." I told him. "Listen, get Erika, the kids, her parents, grandma and yourself in that room. Put a blanket under the door to block the crack and make sure that the windows are sealed. Sit tight. I will come for you all."

"Okay Lo. We are about five minutes from her grandma's house. I will have her get the kids down to the basement and have her parents get her grandma down there." He told me.