Chapter Seven

We waited on the others who were going out with us today. So far it was Jace, Aiden, Myles and me. Everyone was geared up, ready to go when the elevator dinged and my girls stepped out with my mom.

Sofia ran up to me and I knelt down so she could hug me, "do you have to go out today?" she asked me.

"I do. I have to go find uncle Gabe." I told her.

"Why can't someone else go for you?" she asked.

"Because I promised uncle Gabe that I would come find him." I said. "I don't make promises I can't keep, remember that Sofia."

"I will mom." She replied. "Promise me you will be safe."

"I promise." I told her.

"Promise you will be back?" she said and I looked up at my mom.

"I can't make that promise but I can promise I will try." I told her.

She kissed my cheek and walked over to Jace and tapped him on his leg and he turned around, while Kylie hugged and kissed me.

She motioned him with her little finger and he bent down to her level.

"Are you going out with my mommy and uncle?" Sofia asked him.

"I am." Jace answered.

"Promise you will keep her safe?" She asked him and pulled a little knife out of her pocket.

"I promise." Jace answered.

"Take this." Sofia told him. "It'll help you keep her safe."

"Where did you get this? It's a nice knife." Jace said.

"I got it from Pawpaw before we came down here, I snuck it in my stuff." Sofia said. "Please keep my mom safe." She kissed Jace's cheek and walked over to me and grabbed Kylie.

"Love you Sofia. Love you Kylie." I said and my voice cracked a little bit.

"Love you too." They said together as they walked out of the room.

"Connect to Angie." I said after I touched my ear piece.

After the familiar beep I heard Angie.

"Yeah?" she said sleepily.

"Hey, could you go check on Doctor Kendrick please and give me an update?" I asked nicely.

"Yeah, I will here in a little bit and I will get back to ya." she said.

"Alright. Thank you." I told her.

"No problem" she said to me.

"Disconnect." I said and turned to face the men going out with me today. "Alright gentlemen. We have two objectives today. One: get to Thermopolis and find Gabe. Two: find any survivors we can and bring them back to the bunker. If you find a survivor, connect to Ben or Noah so they can do a background check, we don't want to bring people here that are dangerous or that threaten what we have here. We will split into two teams; Jace and I will check Erika's grandma's house for them and if we can't find them we will start checking all the houses around them. Aiden, you and Myles start at the hospital and work your way to us, we will meet up at the police department."

"Alright." Aiden said.

"I will take the armored van and you can take what ever you want; as long as it's armored." I told him.

"Sounds good." Aiden said. "I will let Myles pick out the vehicle we take."

"Hell yeah man!" Myles said and slapped Aiden's back.