Ch. 0: Remnants Beyond Time

Destruction.

It was the only word that could describe the situation. The once empty white void with no end was now filled with it.

Flames were everywhere, dancing to the song of chaos. The white void now has an orange hue as the flames grew bigger, towering into the sky. Two winged figures were seen standing on the white ground, both fatally wounded and starting to lose consciousness.

"Tell me why you did it." one of the figures spoke. The one who spoke lost one of its wings because of the battle they just had. The tone of the voice filled with anger, hatred, and full of grief.

"Did what dear brother?" The other spat.

Hearing this, the one-winged figure growled and dashed towards the other figure, grabbing him by the neck and screamed.

"YOU KNOW DAMN WELL WHAT YOU DID!!"

The other figure just laughed and laughed until he coughed blood. Grinning psychotically at his brother with his bloody mouth.

"Oh yeah, well...I just wanted to be the strongest y'know." Said the other figure like it was a normal thing to say in that situation.

"Seeing your power like that makes me inspired. I want the world to bow down before me...after the world is created of course-I mean, who would want to rule an empty void like this?" He continued. The figure was shocked, disgusted, angered. A whole clusterfuck of emotions swirling inside of him as he puts on more force to the choke.

"You...you killed our father and absorbed his power...made my brother-YOUR BROTHER as your fucking puppet...wounded your own mother...FOR FUCKING POWER?!! What is wrong with you Lucifer?!"

The other figure laughed. Psychotic laughter echoed through the white void, accompanied by the sounds of raging flames like it was hell itself.

"Oh Akuma, you really are selfless...always putting others before yourself. Isn't it strange though? I mean, your role is to Destroy right? So...why do you care so much for others?" Said the figure now known as Lucifer.

"When the world is complete, Humans are just pawns that I can manipulate and you can destroy...You're weird you know that?" Lucifer added. This caused Akuma to put more force in the choke, causing Lucifer to cough violently.

"Your purpose is to test the humans their faith Lucifer. Not manipulating them to do your own bidding!!! And MY purpose is to bring those that are evil to their inevitable end. We don't use our powers for personal gain." growled Akuma.

Lucifer's psychotic grin never wavered. He used his only intact arm to pat his brother's shoulder. He knew that if the battle continues, his brother would not only take away his arm but his life as well. His brother's 'Flames of Destruction' and 'Raging god' were too powerful for his 'Hell's Blessing' and 'mastermind' powers to handle. Even after he absorbed his father's power 'Doom', his brother still gave him a very gruesome beatdown. He only managed to wound Akuma with the combined efforts of him and Apollyon, who was already dead. So he tries another tactic, Persuasion.

"Oh, come on...I know you want to rule the world. You're just like me, we're celestials for fuck's sake. We are above others. We are the pinnacle of all beings. Stop it with the 'tHiS Is OuR pURpoSe' thingy. With that power of yours and this mind of mine, we'll be unstoppable."