hypocrite .05

"soo .. who's your girl friend?" ellie asked ricky as the both of them take a stroll around campus.

"uhh her names nina, but she likes to go by nini or neens," ricky started to say with a small smile on his face, "she's extremely pretty. she's filipino and white. uhh.. really talented in everything she does, really funny, and pretty much the smartest person i've ever met."

ellie let out a sigh and forced a smile on her face, "you have a picture?" ricky nodded his head and showed ellie his lock screen of the girl. "oh wow.. she is pretty."

"yeah she is," ricky stated and smiled at his lock screen

"yeah she is," ricky stated and smiled at his lock screen. it was his two favorite people in the world, how could he not smile?

"so what happened though?" ellie asked, snapping ricky out of his thoughts. he looked away from his phone and at the girl, "like why are you so upset?"

"ahh.. it's just cause it's been one day of being in LA. earlier i went to surprise her with food and caught her with another guys arms around her," ricky revealed and his smile faded away from his face, "like isn't that fucked up?"

"i mean.. they could just be friends?"

"no," ricky quickly said and frowned, "you didn't see the way he was holding her. he definitely likes her."

"well how was he holding her?"

"i don't know like.. kinda tight?" ricky explained, "like behind her back, but with his arms wrapped around her neck."

"i'd have to see to understand honestly," ellie replied and shrugged her shoulders. ricky let out a frustrated sigh and walked behind the girl. he wrapped his arms around ellie and pulled her in close.

"kinda like this..." he breathed out. the two of them stood still while ricky held onto her. it was like that for a couple of seconds. ellie looked up at ricky and her eyes met his. the two of them stared at each other for a bit until ricky quickly let go.

"uh-sorry," ricky frantically said and ran his hands through his hair, "that was kinda weird. sorry i did that."

"it wasn't weird," ellie simply said with a smile, "it was kinda nice. i actually kinda liked it."

"uh- what?" ricky asked with a confused look on his face, "ellie i have a girlfriend. i'm sorry, but i wasn't trying to give you the wrong impression."

"yeah i know, but like.. what if things don't work out?"

"they will," ricky said in a stern voice, "it's one fight. probably one of our firsts as a couple actually. and i barely know you?"

"you could try to get to know me," ellie said and stepped closer to the boy. she looked up at him with big eyes and a smirk. ricky quickly looked away and stepped back.

"no.. i gotta go," ricky said, "goodnight. thanks for the talk." before ellie could say anything else, ricky quickly walked away from her and made his way inside the dorm building.