when the party's over .19

nini rested her head on her left hand while her right arm did all the driving. millions of tears were running down her face as she tried to drive home. the girl cried as loud and hard as she could because no one else around her - she didn't have to hold it in anymore. her heart ached. she was overwhelmed and at this point she didn't know what to do anymore.her mind scrambled as she thought about gina, ricky, ellie, and tj.

what could she do?

what would she do?

what does she do about gina?

should she tell anyone?

does she forgive ricky?

does she stay with tj?

should she talk to ellie?

should she run away and never look back?

nini slammed on her breaks once she realized she ran past a red light and almost crashed into an oncoming car. she sat in her car in shock as her breaths felt heavier and heavier. once there were no cars around, nini continued on and pulled off to the side of the road. the girl rested her head on the steering wheel and cried to herself. her mind wandered back to the first day of freshman year, when she first met gina.

- one

the young girl walked into the art room with her eyes stuck to the ground. her gigantic hoodie hugged her body and her gray sweats warmed her up on that cold morning. the girl was late to class, considering the fact that it took her so long to actually find the classroom. there was only one seat left - next to gina.

"hi.. mind if i sit here?" nini softly asked. gina looked up from her canvas and eyed nini up and down with a disgusted look.

"i guess if you have to," gina rudely said and went back to her canvas. nini awkwardly sat down and tucked her hair behind her ears.

"i'm nini," the girl said and stuck out her hand for gina to shake. gina looked at nini's hand and rolled her eyes.

"gina."

nini awkwardly took her hand away and glanced at gina's painting, "if you want the painting to look more realistic, try adding in white and darker shades." gina looked at her painting and back at nini with interest.

"thanks... i didn't really ask for your opinion though," gina spat, but turned her whole body towards nini," although since you gave me your opinion, im gonna have to give you mine."

"oh.. okay.."

"if you wanna look more appealing...don't wear those raggedy oversized clothes," gina told nini, "try and dress more girly and pretty. right now it looks like you got that whole outfit from walmart."

"whats wrong with that?"

"no ones gonna wanna be your friend if you look like that," gina told nini, "at least my friends wouldn't."

"who are your friends?"

"ej, ashlyn, and carlos," gina said, "you could meet them tomorrow when you sit with us at lunch."

nini's eyes lit up and a huge grin spread on her face, "really? you'd let me hang out with you guys?"

"yeah.. only if you stop dressing like that. you cannot be in our friend group if you walk around looking like a hobo all the time," gina told nini.

"got it...i'll start dressing better."

- two

once nini got finished changing into her pe clothes, she quickly made her way into the gymnasium. she saw a bunch of people in little groups and cliques which made her feel nervous and awkward. nini's eyes landed on a certain curly headed boy, who she thought looked familiar. he was busy talking to some red headed kid and another blonde boy in glasses. the curly headed boy looked up from his friends and gave nini a smile, she softly smiled back at him as redness filled her cheeks.