parlor boy .26

ricky finally woke up and saw nini sitting in a chair right next to him. she was sleeping with her head resting on the bed and hands still holding to rickys. the boy smiled at the sight of nini finally being there with him. just the two of them at last, like how it always supposed to be.

"nini?" ricky softly asked and shook nini. the girl's head immediately popped up and her eyes met ricky's. she gave him a huge smile and gently pulled him into a hug.

"ricky! you're finally up," nini exclaimed as they both held onto each other, "i'm so glad you're okay ricky. i've been so worried."

"you're here.." was all ricky could say and nini nodded her head. "but.. how? i thought you-"

"i was lying yesterday," nini confessed. ricky got taken aback and scrunched his eyebrows together, "ricky..i'm gonna tell you what i've been hiding for all these months."

"you mean..?"

"yeah.. the reason why i broke up with you and why i disappeared for a while," nini revealed. ricky let out a deep sigh and nudged nini to keep talking. nini glanced down at their hands. she brought ricky's hands up to her mouth and softly kissed it as tears came down her eyes.

"ricky.. please don't look at me any differently," nini cried as she looked into his eyes, "i'm still the same nini who you know and fell in love with. it was one stupid mistake that i did on impulse out of anger and fear. promise you'll still love me after i tell you?"

"i promise," ricky told nini. she let out a deep sigh and tried to calm herself down.

"that night everyone was at my house and gina came.. do you remember that?" nini softly asked. ricky nodded his head so nini continued, "when you left us alone, gina and i got into a huge fight. long story short, she found out i was the exposer."

"what?" ricky quickly asked. nini nodded her head sighed.

"she was threatening to tell everyone the truth and she kept calling me crazy. i don't know ricky.. i just - i got so scared. i was freaking out inside because gina could finally ruin my life like how she has been for the past four years. i was mad. like the whole four years of being the exposer were just gonna go to waste. i couldn't let her win for the last time, " the girl told ricky. she looked up at his eyes and shook her head, "i grabbed a rock and hit her in the head with it. i saw the pizza guy coming and dragged gina's body into the bushes, but when i went to go check up on gina again..her body was gone.

nini finally looked up at ricky. his whole face was shocked and he stared at nini with a blank face. ricky was speechless - what do you say to that?

"so gina's alive?" was all ricky could say. nini nodded her head and ricky glanced down at his lap.

"she's been stalking me every since we moved to los angeles," nini told ricky who was again speechless. the girl let out a deep sigh and continued, "she came to my dorm the night of the party - when everything went so bad. she's basically been holding me captive there the whole time and i've been under her control. if i didn't get rid of you earlier or cut all of you guys off.. she's gonna tell everyone and most of all hurt you.

"but you're here now....?"

"yeah... she's gonna go to the cops," nini revealed, "i just don't know when." ricky could barely talk or look at nini. it made her heart break. he doesn't want her anymore, she thought to herself.

ricky thinks i lost my mind.

"ricky.. please say something.."

"nini... i don't really know what to say."