lifeless .25

"nini?" red breathed out as soon as he saw the girl running through the entrance. the rest of them looked at nini with shock and relief. besides ellie, no one has heard or talked to nini in so long. the girl rushed over to them with tears running down her face. she looked like a mess.

"where is he?!"

"he's okay," kourtney calmly said to nini, "the doctors and nurses are all with ricky right now. he's gonna be okay neens."

nini nodded her head. she tried to feel okay - like what kourtney said was enough, but it wasn't. she could've lost him. that conversation could've been the last thing they ever had together. ricky could've died thinking nini didn't love him anymore.

"we're glad you're here neens," ej told her and pulled her into a hug. nini softly cried in ej's chest. she's missed him - all of them.

"i'm sorry about everything," she told everyone once ej and her let go of each other. they all looked at nini with sorrow and nodded their heads, "i just... everything is kinda weird right now, but i just wanted to let you guys know that... i never meant for it get this bad."

"what are you talking about neens?" ashlyn asked and got up from the couch. everyone looked at nini for answer, but before she could say anything a nurse stepped out to talk them.

"is ricky's family or parents here by any chance?"

"is he okay? what's wrong?" red quickly asked. the doctor shook his head and tried to calm red down.

"he's okay now," the doctor calmly said, "he's just resting. i was just wondering if they were here."

"no.. we're just here for school," ellie explained. nini couldn't focus on the conversation everyone was having. her whole mind was filled with ricky, gina, and what all her friends would think once gina goes to the cops. gina is gonna tell everyone that she was the exposer, but at least no one will know ricky was too. thats all nini cared about: ricky.

"did you hear that neens?" ej asked, popping nini out of her thoughts.

"i'm sorry - what?"

"the doctor said ricky's gonna be resting for a few hours," ej explained and started to put his jacket on, "we're all gonna get some food and change into comfier clothes if you wanna come."

nini shook her head and dug her hands into her pockets, "no i..i think i should stay here with ricky if anything happens."

"nini.. he's gonna be resting for awhile," kourtney softly said, but nini shook her head.

"i wanna stay here with him," nini sternly said. they all nodded their heads and made their way out of the hospital.

"hey babes," howie said before he left, "do you want me to bring you anything? any clothes? food?"

"i'm okay.." nini softly said and smiled at howie, "thank you though."

howie smiled at nini and gave her one last hug before he walked off. nini let out a deep sigh and tried to make herself comfortable in the waiting room - considering the fact that she's gonna be waiting for a while.

 nini let out a deep sigh and tried to make herself comfortable in the waiting room - considering the fact that she's gonna be waiting for a while

nini slowly walked into the room and saw ricky sleeping in his bed

nini slowly walked into the room and saw ricky sleeping in his bed. his face was bloody and he had a sprained leg and arm. his ribs were fractured as well. a tear fell down nini's eye as she saw broken and hurt the boy was. she made her way next to his bed and gently grabbed his hand.

nini stared at ricky with regret and sadness, finally letting all the tears come out one by one. this was all her fault, she thought to myself. if she stood up to gina in the first place, this never would've happened.

"shit.. gina," nini thought to herself. she was wondering why she hasn't been arrested yet, but maybe gina is waiting for the right time to finally ruin nini's life. gina knew that the longer nini waited, the crazier and scared she would get.

the girl focused back on ricky. her thumb gently rubbed his hands as he laid on the bed unconsious. nini let out a deep sigh and prepared herself, "ricky.. i don't know if you could hear me right noe, but there's something i have to tell you."

"its...the truth. the secret i've been hiding from you for so long," nini confessed. she looked up at ricky for a response, but he was lifeless. nini sighed and glanced back down at their hands, "before i say anything...i just wanted to let you know that i still love you. i didn't mean anything that i said earlier and you'll understand why i said it as soon as you wake up."

nini felt ricky gently squeeze nini's hand back and she gasped. he could hear her. she finally had to tell ricky the truth.