Butterfly, fly away 🥀

Okay, this is angst but it will have a happy ending. That's how I write angst and this does involve the following themes: Death of a loved one, self-harm, Cancer.

You have been warned this will be sad but a happy ending I promise!!

Quirk: Sorcerer

My life has been awesome. I've been accepted to my dream school and I have great friends and have an awesome, caring boyfriend. But it hasn't alway been that way. I had a powerful quirk that was hard to control for a few years. I was picked on and bullied at school with kids calling me a "villain," or "freak" it hurt me a lot. As I got older I was able to control my quirk. I got better thanks to my grandma who basically raised me. I then went to entrance exams for UA and got accepted. While I was there I met my inspiration for becoming a hero, Eraserhead. I had my best friend, Shinso who was in a different class but still hung out with. I met my boyfriend, Shoto Todoroki on the first day but didn't really start to get feelings until after the sports festival. We got together when we were at the summer camp and we went to go save Bakugou. But then, I started to get jealous of the girls in my class. I didn't have anything impressive to give to Todoroki and Momo seemed to notice that. (Please don't hate me I love Momo but she's going to be more flirty with Todoroki for the sake of the story). And lately she has been teaming up with my boyfriend for sparring and her costume always ripped so he could see her chest. I was getting pissed. I felt my depression getting worse when they began to get closer than I liked. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and started to self-harm again. I haven't done it sense my mom passed away from terminal cancer. My dad was nonexistent and my grandmother was the only person in my family.

I was on my way from training with Ochaco when I saw Momo talking to Todoroki. She was twirling her hair and Shoto was smiling. I felt absolutely numb. Without another word, I went back to the dorms. I texted my grandma telling her that I will be coming home this weekend. She texted back quickly saying that I had a date weekend with Todoroki. I sigh. If I told my grandma what has been happening, she would go off. My grandma had an explosive temper much worse than Bakugou, but she was still a sweet old lady that could kill. I texted her saying that we canceled because he had to catch up to us with our semi pro licenses. She said okay that she would have my room ready. I went to my en-suite and grabbed my blade.

(Okay this part can be triggering to some people. If you wish not to read on I understand so you can skip this part!)

I took off my shirt and blazer. I looked at all the scars that littered my body. I then took off my skirt and socks. He hates you, he realizes how much of a failure you are. Why are you still here? The voice said in my head. I grabbed my blade and glided it across my skin on my wrist. I saw the red droplets as my blood dripped down my wrist and onto the ground. I created another cut, continuing the process that I've been doing for 2 weeks. I switched hands and began to cut my other wrist. Slash after slash my floor was painted red. I then cleaned up and went to bed.

(Okay triggering part over)

The next morning, I was awoken by my alarm. Friday, finally! I thought to myself. I got dressed and put on my blazer. I then grabbed my backpack and went to class. I walk in and Momo was talking to Todoroki. Ugh.... why can't I just talk to my boyfriend without that little bitch batting her eyes at him. I sigh and sat in my seat. Aizawa started class and I was already ready to be done. I felt eyes drilling in the back of my head. When I turned around I caught my boyfriend staring at me. I smiled and gave a little wave. He smiled bigger than he ever did to Momo so I felt better. Class got over and I went to my locker. Shoto was already there. "Are you excited for our date tonight?" He asked me, almost enthusiastically, more than I have ever saw him. I then knew that I couldn't hide my feelings anymore. "Shoto, I need to talk to you, privately." I said. He looked very concerned, but nodded. We walked to an empty classroom, and he just sat and waited for me to start talking. "First of all, do you like Momo?" I asked, and he looked like I grew a second head. "No, I love you, Y/N. I've told Momo that I'm not interested in her at all except as a classmate and she can't respect that then I told Mr. Aizawa and he told her to knock it off. She finally left me alone after that." He explained. I sigh in relief. "Second, I don't want you to be mad but I need to show you anyway." Without any more hesitation, I stripped out of my blazer and he looked at the red scabs that I given myself. "Y/N, you told me that you quit doing that!" Shoto said in an almost sad voice. I turned away and felt tears fall down. "I kept thinking about how much of a failure I am as your girlfriend, how disappointing I am, my own dad didn't want me!" I finally cried out, shaking and crying harder. Suddenly I felt arms around me. I look up and Shoto had his arms around me, comforting me and protecting me from my own inner demons. "Y/N, listen to me. You are not a failure. You are not a disappointment. If your dad walked out on you, then that's his fault for walking out on the most beautiful, sweet, kind, and most talented girl ever to exist. Do you understand?" He said. I nodded and he brought my arms up and started kissing the cuts and scars. I blush and giggled as he smiled and kissed me on the lips. I finally felt like I belonged somewhere.

Butterfly, fly away..."