Infatuation |Chapter 2|

|~ Shuichi Saihara ~|

I noticed Kokichi had stopped responding. I glanced to my right and my face suddenly felt like it was on fire. His head was leaning on my shoulder, and he was holding onto my arm.

I glanced around. Nobody was in the room, or at least, not in a place where they could see us. Slowly, I pried my arm free and hooked my other arm under his legs. I put my now free arm behind his back and lifted him into my lap in a position where he was sitting sideways and leaning against me.

He gripped onto my shirt in his sleep and I got to run my hands through his hair as I watched him sleep. He was so pretty, I couldn't help myself. I was amazed at how soft it was. I'd always imagined his hair was soft, but I was surprised I was right.

If anyone were to walk in, they might wake him up. Reviewing my options, I carefully picked him up. He shifted a little, but didn't wake up.

I carried him out of the library, and to the dorms. By some stroke of luck, everyone seemed to be off doing something, so nobody saw me. Balancing the small boy on my knee, I went through my pocket and got a key. I glanced around, first making sure I was in the clear and second making sure that this was indeed Kokichi's dorm.

I slid the key in, and twisted it. As I pushed, the door opened. I left the door slightly open as I walked inside with the owner of this dorm still in my arms. I gently laid him down onto the bed. I couldn't help but gaze at him as he slept peacefully for a few moments. I began to run my hand through his hair. It was softer than I had imagined, now that I was able to properly feel it.

Kokichi made a small noise in his sleep and I immediately retracted my arm. I froze for a moment as Kokichi shifted but then relaxed as he buried his face in his pillow. I smiled and stood up. I quietly slipped out of the room. Just as I had closed the door, I heard footsteps coming towards the dorms. I quickly got to my own door, making it seem like I was just about to go in so nobody would suspect anything.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. Turning a bit, I saw Kaito. Kaito isn't bad, but I'd like him more if he got along better with Kokichi and stopped trying to be so "strong" and "masculine" all the time. He grinned and waved. "Hey, Shuichi! Do you wanna train with Maki and I tonight?" Not really. "O-oh, um... sure, I guess.." I mumbled out, returning to unlocking my door. He continued to speak, but I couldn't care less about what.

"Sorry Kaito, I'm- u-uh- I'm really tired right now... I'll see you tonight!" I called out and shut and locked the door before he could say anything else. I sighed. Everyone else can be so annoying. One moment, the most adorable person in the world was asleep on my shoulder and the next I was being sought out by one of the most annoying people ever.

Oh well, I'll see Kokichi later, anyways.

Word count: 565