Unease |Chapter 3|

|~ Kokichi Ouma ~|

I awoke to the morning announcement as usual. I yawned, sitting up in my bed. As I recalled yesterday's events, I froze. I fell asleep in the library with Shuichi. How did I end up in my room? I checked my pocket. My key wasn't in my pocket.

I scanned my room, and my eyes landed on the dresser where my key was just sitting there. I swear it was in my pocket...

Did Shuichi notice I'd fallen asleep and decide to take my key from my pocket and put me in my room? That had to be it... unless...

I quickly got up and rushed to my desk. I opened the drawer and let out a breath of relief when I saw my notepad untouched. Just to be safe, I picked it up and flipped through it. Nothing was missing, thank whatever thing is out there-

Wait...

Where are my notes on suspects?

|~ Shuichi Saihara ~|

"Kokichi, Kokichi, Kokichi.~"

I was staring at him through my cameras. He was getting more and more panicked as he looked for his little notes. He'll never find them. After all, they're in my hands.

I've got to admit, he catches onto the littlest things. That's one of the reasons I adore watching him so much. It's really a shame he'd likely die... I wonder if there's a way I can keep him alive...

In hindsight, I really shouldn't have taken the notes. Most of them revolved around me, and he probably already has guessed I'm the one who dropped him off at his dorm. I've just put a bigger target on my back.

For now, though, I was transfixed on the short boy who was desperately searching his room. "Ah, he's so cute when he's so panicked.~" I froze. What the fuck is wrong with me?

For one, I'm not supposed to find participants cute, but I guess that's out the window. Two, did I just call someone cute when he's visibly scared and upset? Jeez, I'm more far gone than I thought I was.

I reminded myself that I'm not going to make Kokichi sad or scared on purpose, and that if I'm going to try and help him survive, I need to be nice to him. I'd never forgive myself if I did something that hurt him. Stupid insane brain.

———

I had gotten up and went to the dining hall for breakfast. I sat with Kaito and Maki. Despite Kaito being really damn annoying sometimes, but it's entertaining to watch him and Maki argue like a married couple.

Then he walked in. I couldn't help but stare at him as he stepped to the doorway. He had his signature smile on his face, but I could tell he was feeling off. I can imagine why. His hair was messier than normal, but it still fluffed out perfectly. His voice rang through the dining hall.

"Hey, losers!"

"You're the loser, degenerate!"

"Nyeh... don't interact, Tenko..."

"Good morning, Kokichi."

I watched as he walked- more like skipped- up to Kirumi and started talking to her after she greeted him. I was distracted from what Kaito was saying, but it was something about how Kokichi was always so annoying. Look who's talking...

Kokichi and Kirumi disappeared into the kitchen, and the room seemed to turn dull when the lilac liar left. Reluctantly, I turned back to Kaito. The things he talked about were kind of boring. Nothing like the things Kokichi tells me...

He's been living in my head rent free since I met him. I'm really obsessed, aren't I? I suppose I can't help it. He's so much more interesting than the others, he just pops out of the rest.

I gazed at the doorway to the kitchen as Kaito continued to blabber about unimportant and stupid topics.

Word count: 640