Deal |Chapter 6|

|~ Kokichi Ouma ~|

"Kokichi, what exactly do you think you're doing?"

The voice was so eerily calm... and oh so familiar. I didn't want to turn around. I didn't want to look him in the eyes. I knew exactly who it was. I heard his footsteps behind me.

"Kokichi." He had gotten closer. I was shaking. I was gonna die here. He's going to kill me. I know his secret. He's so close. I can almost hear him breathing.

He grabbed my wrist and turned me around. He almost had me pinned to the table. "Kokichi." He repeated. I glanced up at him. His eyes were so cold but... he didn't look mad... actually, I couldn't tell what he was feeling.

"I really don't want to kill you, you know?" He said. How can he say something like that so casually and calmly!? I was afraid to even look away from him. I teared up. "Shui...chi..." I mumbled.

He stepped back a bit, but was still holding my wrist. He was silent and looking around the room for a few moments. I attempted to find a way to get out of his grip.

"Let's chat for a bit." He startled me with his voice. Nervous, I nodded. He motioned to some chairs. "Sit down." He said. I nodded again and sat down on one of the chairs. I noticed him locking the two entryways... so I couldn't escape while we chatted.

He sat down right across from me. It started off normal... for the situation, at least. He asked me questions about why I was here and why I went alone. I tried to answer as best as I could.

The questions got odd... "do you hate me?" "What was your intent?" "Are you going to tell anyone?" I was scared to even answer these questions... but I did.

"I don't know..." "To help everyone else, I guess..." "Probably not anymore..."

Then there was silence. I didn't dare move an inch. I heard him get up, but kept my eyes glued to my feet. He was directly in front of me he took my hand and pulled me up. I kept avoiding eye contact.

"Kokichi, if you tell anyone else about this, I'm going to have to kill them all, you know? It's too early for them to discover me." His voice sent chills down my spine as he spoke.

"I'm assuming you wouldn't like that one bit, would you?" He was whispering in my ear. I hesitated before nodding. "So, I have a deal for you."

"I'll let you leave," I glanced up. "If, you promise to not tell anyone. If I figure out you have, we'll be the only ones left in this academy." I held my breath and nodded.

"If you'd like, I can throw in cuddles as a part of my end of the deal." He gave me a smirk as he said this. My face heated up and I just crossed my arms. He was thinking for a moment.

"This deal was really boring." He groaned. I glanced up at him. He had a weird look in his eye. He seemed to get an idea "I've got an add on to the deal." He grinned.

"If you make the game more interesting for everyone and make it fun, I'll give you anything you want." He held out his hand. I thought for a moment... before taking his hand.

He pulled me closer to him with a smile. "I can give you all the love in the world and shower you with affection! Or- or- give you access to things that haven't been introduced yet! Or-"

He was extremely excited about this, clearly. I let out my breath and just let him blabber as he held me. I somehow now felt... safe, but felt like I was in danger at the same time. Clearly, Shuichi wouldn't harm me unless he needed to, considering the lengths he'd seem to go to to make me happy.

But he was still the mastermind... he was capable of harming so many people. He noticed the concern on my face, and looked at me with a worried expression.

"Is something wrong, love?" I ignored the name he called me, and instead just smiled. "A-ah, it's nothing." I mumbled as he pulled me closer. He was hugging me gently. I felt tired.

"C'mon, I'll bring you to your room, love." I thought this meant he'd walk me there, but no. He picked me up. I decided that it would be better to just sit here than to potentially anger him.

I was so tired. I trusted that he wouldn't kidnap me and closed my eyes. He's dropped me off at my room before, why wouldn't he now? Besides... I was too tired... to worry... at the time...

|~ Shuichi Saihara ~|

I glanced down at the short boy in my arms, and he was quietly sleeping. I let a smile grow across my face as I looked at his oddly peaceful expression for what had just happened.

I checked the cameras. Nobody was in the library. I pushed open the library door with my hip and the bookcase with it. I closed it back up and carried Kokichi to his room. On the way, I saw Angie, Himiko, and Tenko.

I saw Maki and Kaito by the dorms. Shit.

I attempted to slip by them, but Maki saw me. "Shuichi, why are you carrying Kokichi like that? What happened?" She asked. Kaito turned and looked at me, too.

"Oh, um... we were... uh, hanging out in the library. I was reading to him and he fell asleep. I'm just taking him to his dorm room." I said, not in the mood to talk with either of them.

"Oh, that's where you went! Got it, got it. You kind of just disappeared on us, I got worried!" Kaito joked. I nervously laughed.

"I've really got to get Kokichi to his room... um, I'll see you guys later!" Before they could answer, I speed walked to Kokichi's room. In order to not look suspicious, I reached into Kokichi's pocket and took out his key to use instead of my master key.

I pushed the door open with my foot and stepped inside. I gently placed Kokichi on the bed and covered him with a blanket. Since he was asleep, I decided to go for it and kissed him on the cheek, right under his eye.

He shifted a little in his sleep, but I just smiled. He was... adorable. That's the thing that can sum him up in one word. I stood up and put his key on his dresser before leaving.

Word count: 1120