Killing Time |Chapter 8|

|~ Shuichi Saihara ~|

I was sat in my room listening to the clock tick by.

It was 10am.

Kokichi would be here at 10pm.

What can I do for 12 hours?

I decided to clean up my dorm. It was pretty messy. Kokichi had obviously seen it messy, but I want it to be nice for our little date.

I looked at the clock when I finished.

11am.

11 more hours to go.

I decided to take a shower. After all, I want everything to be perfect for our date.

12pm.

Maybe I should get some supplies. The tablets aren't much bigger than my hand, and since I have what I think are more medium sized hands, they're pretty small. I should get something so I can hook them up to the TV in my room.

I got some stuff from the warehouse. I needed to be careful and make sure nobody saw it, or else they'd be suspicious.

I almost ran into Kirumi, but she left the area soon after I saw her. She was probably busy with tasks from other people.

Luckily nobody was at the dorms when I got there. I hooked up the wires and the player. I checked the clock again.

12:45pm.

I had a lot of time to kill.

I wonder what Kokichi is up to right now...

|~ Kokichi Ouma ~|

I didn't have much to do so I was just vibing in the library. Everyone was off doing their own thing. I heard the library door open and I looked up to see Shuichi.

He looked around for a second before spotting me. He smiled and walked up to me. "Hey, love." He said, running a hand quickly through my hair. I just nervously smiled back and waved a little.

"I wanted to give you something since you're my little assistant now." He said in a low tone just in case someone came in.

"Hm?" "Hold out your hand for me." I obeyed and held out my hand. He took my hand in his for a moment before pulling it away. In my hand was a card.

"It's for the hidden door, so you don't have to walk all that long way from the boys' bathroom." He said. I nodded and slipped it into my pocket.

"You can look around in there, if you'd like. I'll be in there if you have any questions." He said, leaving me with a kiss on the cheek before going into the hidden room.

He held the door open for a little bit and I got up and walked in behind him. He smiled and closed the door. He sat down on a chair and I looked around for a bit.

"Hey, um..." I turned to him.

He looked up to me. "What is it, hon?" I took a breath and stepped over to the trash can and opened it.

"Why's there a shotput ball in here?" I asked. He sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Kaede missed the shot."

I stared at him.

"... what?"

"Kaede rolled the ball but it missed. I mean, how could she not have? She's not that lucky." He groaned.

"So, I took matters into my own hands. I killed Rantaro with my own shotput ball. I took Kaede's and just threw it out." He was talking so casually.

"You... you were the one who killed Rantaro? It wasn't Kaede?" I was shocked.

He shrugged. "I mean, yeah. I got all quiet during the trial for a reason. I thought it was all over, then Kaede lied for me and got herself killed." He was talking like it didn't matter.

"That made me feel a little bad, I guess." He finished. I kept staring at him. He was barely even remorseful for getting who I thought was his best friend killed.

"But- what about your whole breakdown after the trial? Was that..." I put my hand to my head, staring at the floor.

"Yeah, that was fake." He chuckled. "Call me the ultimate actor, I suppose." He joked. I didn't know how he could be laughing and joking about something like that.

That's just something that happens when you're the mastermind of a cruel killing game, I guess...

He waved his hand. "It's fine, what happened happened. No changing it now." He said. He was so casual about it, it scared me.

I continued to look around. I tried to get my mind off of Kaede and Rantaro. They were both innocent. I felt awful.

There was a huge sheet over something, but I was too scared to move the sheet, so I didn't.

I didn't really find anything else that bothered me, and I just wanted to lay down. I walked to the bookcase door.

"Wait just a minute, Kokichi." I paused and turned to watch Shuichi boot up a computer. A bunch of cameras.

He scanned over them briefly, then gave me a thumbs up. "See you tonight, love." He said with a smile. I tried to smile back, but I couldn't. I quickly walked through the door without looking back.

It was 2pm.

Word count: 855