Movie Date |Chapter 9|

|~ Shuichi Saihara ~|

Everything was ready for Kokichi to come over. I had set everything up. It was 9:57. He would be here soon.

Knock, knock, knock.

And speak of the devil.

I got up and opened the door. Kokichi was standing there, holding the motive video he had received to his chest. I smiled and stepped aside to let him in.

I closed my door and locked it for good measure. I made sure to tell Kaito I wasn't feeling up for training today. He stood awkwardly by the door until I took his hand and sat him down on my bed. I turned to him and smiled.

"Who's do you want to see first?" I asked. He was silent for a moment before replying. "Uh... mine..."

I got up and put his video in the player. Once I returned to him, I put him in my lap to cuddle him while we watched.

It showed his gang.

10 of them.

They were all gone.

I heard small sniffles from Kokichi. I glanced down and noticed he had started crying. I tightened my grip around him and pulled him closer to my chest.

I turned his head up to face me. His tears kept flowing. I leaned down and kissed him. I turned him around in my lap and let him bury his face in my chest. He let it all out.

"I- I just want to see them again-! I wanna make sure they're okay- but-" he cut himself off in favor of more sobbing.

I ran my hand along his back in circles. I put gentle kisses on the top of his head. "I'm so sorry, love..." I whispered. I brought my hand to his chin and lifted up his face to look him in the eyes.

His eyes were red and swollen with tears running down his cheeks. I used my hand to wipe away as much as I could. "Once this game is over, you'll be able to see them again. I'll make sure they're safe until then, okay?" I reassured him.

He hesitated before nodding. I leaned down and kissed his forehead. His sobbing lessened a little and he leaned his head against my chest again.

"... are they alive?"

I smiled. "Of course. They're safe, and they will be for as long as I'm alive. I promise I won't do anything that I know would hurt you." I ran my hand through his hair.

It was silent for a minute before he spoke up.

"What's in your video?" He asked. I chuckled.

"Oh, nothing much. Just my uncle. The only reason I have a motive video at all is so if someone had gotten mine they wouldn't be suspicious." I explained. He nodded.

Another silent pause. I continued to pet Kokichi's hair. I felt his fingers mess with the seams on my shirt and heard the occasional sniffle or shaky breath.

"Why me?"

"Hm?" I looked down at him. He reiterated his question. "Why are you so interested in me? I mean... there were 14 others you could've chosen from, so why me? I know you were really close with Kaede, so..."

"Well, you're interesting." I responded. "All the others are so... I dunno, boring? Sure, some of them can be a little cool, but you're really the only one who actually makes the game fun." I moved my hand down his head and to his cheek.

"Plus, you're cute."

Despite not being able to see his face, I could tell he was blushing and embarrassed. He gripped my shoulders. "Don't say stuff like that... I'm an evil supreme leader, y'know!" He looked up at me and grinned mischievously.

His smile was infectious. I laughed. This was the Kokichi I adored. He laughed a little too. I admired his face. Everything about him was just perfect to me.

I was broken out of my thoughts by a knock on the door. I turned to it, confused. I gently moved Kokichi off of me. "Stay here." I said before getting up and going to the door.

"Hello-?"

"SHUICHI! I know you said you weren't up for training today, but my sidekick needs to get stronger!"

Kaito's obnoxiously loud voice startled me and almost caused me to fall over. I glared at him for a second before taking a breath.

"Kaito, I'm really tired today. I'm sorry, I just-"

"C'mon! I got Maki to agree to train with us!"

I just shook my head. "I'm sorry, I'm just not in the mood for training right now. Goodnight."

"Shui-"

I cut him off by closing and locking the door again. He rang the doorbell a few times before finally giving up.

I came and sat back down on the bed with a sigh. "Stupid Kaito..." I mumbled. Kokichi snickered.

"Wooow,~ didn't know that Shuichi, the one Kaito trusts and calls his sidekick, doesn't actually like him all that much!" He joked. I rolled my eyes and pulled him back on top of me.

"He has moments of being decent, but holy hell is he exhausting." I groaned. Kokichi giggles again, nodding in agreement.

I kept holding him as he laid on me. He loosely put his arms around me, getting his head comfortable on my chest.

"Am I allowed to sleep in your dorm?" He asked. I shrugged and tightened my arms around him.

"The rules say you have to sleep in the dorms, nothing about needing to sleep in your own dorm." I mumbled. He nuzzled his head into my chest. "Mmhm..."

I drifted off to sleep, feeling the warmth of the smaller boy on top of me.

Word count: 945