Discovery |Chapter 5|

|~ Kokichi Ouma ~|

I'd rewritten all my notes, and it all pointed to him. Apart from being sketchy as hell, he would always be able to get places way too fast. I took my sloppily made map with me and walked to the boy's bathroom nearest to the kitchen.

I made sure nobody was following me before I slipped inside. I glanced around the room while closing the door. I had to make sure nobody saw me, or else this would be hella suspicious.

Opening the bathroom closet, I pressed my hand against the wall. It began to open and startled me enough to almost fall over. I composed myself and stepped into the passageway.

I walked.

And walked.

And walked.

Geez, this hallway was super long...

Continuing down the hallway in silence made my nerves grow. What if he's in whatever place this hallway leads to? What if it's not even him? What if I die here-?

Finally, I made it to the end. There was a door. I pushed it open...

... and stepped into a... weird room. Ignoring the general oddness, I found a few books... wait, hold on, are those my notes!?

On one of the tables were my suspect notes... this confirms it, he was the only one who could've taken them. Hands shaking, I gathered up my notes.

I found a box under a table. It had a notepad and a tablet in it. I skimmed through the notepad, and it was definitely in his handwriting. I put the notepad and the box back where I found them. I glanced at the trash can.

Just to be thorough with everything, I looked into the trash can. In the trash can was...

A shotput ball!?

What the fuck- didn't Rantaro get killed with one of these? And... why does this one have some kind of pink-ish fuzz on it?

I gathered all my evidences and put them in a neat pile, with the shotput ball randomly placed on top. I was planning on taking it all back to my room, but-

Then... I heard a voice behind me.

Word count: 355