𝖘𝖎𝖝

Jungkook's pov

Jungkook woke up to a sickly feeling in his stomach. After two full months of training, it was finally the day of his first quidditch match in Hogwarts.

The match was against Slytherin and was to take place early that Saturday morning. Jungkook shivered when he looked at the time. It was currently six in the morning and they had another good five hours before the match began.

Six was extremely early for a Saturday, but feeling that he wouldn't be going back to sleep any time soon, Jungkook rolled out of bed, pushing back the crimson hangings on his four-poster and shrugged on a hoodie and some jeans before climbing quietly down the stairs and out through the Gryffindor common room entrance.

When he got down to the Quidditch pitch he immediately regretted not bringing something warmer. It was mid October and the air was bitterly cold, biting at his hands and face, tuning his fingers blue and his cheeks pink.

Despite the cold, Jungkook kicked off from the ground and soon started to warm up for some early morning practice. He had to win today. He had to prove that he was the right choice for the team and that they wouldn't regret bringing him on board. The pressure was intense, and usually Jungkook wouldn't worry about things such as Quidditch matches. He always won. But since watching a certain Park Jimin during the last school match, he had started to doubt himself.

"Jungkook? HEY JEON!"

Jungkook looked down at the ground as he heard someone calling his name. Joshua, his fellow team mate was waving at him from the ground.

"YOU'LL WEAR YOURSELF OUT BEFORE THE MATCH, GET DOWN YOU IDIOT!"

Jungkook flew down to the grass before landing lightly and gracefully in front of Joshua.

"Don't let the captain see you practising this early, come on let's get some breakfast." Joshua said, as he pulled Jungkook by the arm towards the Great Hall.

Jungkook hadn't noticed how late it had gotten as he looked at the time, realising that they had only half an hour to spare before the match, he let the Gryffindor chaser pull him back towards the castle.

***

Jimin's pov

Jimin pulled his broom up sharply in mid air as he dodged the bludger that had been pelted his way. They were thirty minutes into the match and there had been no sight of the snitch. He had been flying aimlessly around the pitch for the last half an hour, jumping whenever he caught sight of a flash of gold which had all ended up being things like wrist watches, jewellery or the sun reflecting on people's glasses.

Every now again, Jimin would glance across the pitch, checking on Jungkook to see if he made any moves signalling that he had caught sight of the golden ball. That, and the fact that the Gryffindor looked extremely good in the scarlet and gold coloured robes of his house and it was a good excuse for Jimin to stare at him from across the pitch.

That morning when Jimin and his friends had been peacefully eating their breakfast in the Great Hall, Jungkook just had to walk in the moment that Jimin was trying to swallow some pumpkin juice. If Hoseok looked good in Quidditch robes, Jungkook was a whole different story, and Jimin had choked the moment he had entered, resulting in Taehyung having to pat him on the back causing a whole lot of embarrassment and unwanted attention.

Jimin suddenly realised that he had let his thoughts wander and quickly drew his attention back to the match, taking a quick glance at Jungkook who was still scanning the grounds. Jimin was beginning to wonder if the snitch had just flown away when a sudden glint of gold caught his eye by one of the Slytherin goal posts.