𝖙𝖊𝖓

Jungkook's pov

February came soon enough yet the weather stayed bitter. Jungkook however, did not let this stop him from going out in every second of his spare time to practice for the upcoming match against Slytherin.

Since the last match against the house, Jungkook had played against both Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, successfully beating both teams. He had only now to beat Park Jimin before he could really earn the title of the school's best seeker.

Since their discussion in detention back in January, Jungkook had only practised even harder, his desire to beat the small Slytherin growing stronger by the day as the match drew nearer.

He awoke on February 13th with a sick feeling in his stomach.

Today was it.

His last chance before the semi finals began.

And so really his last chance to prove himself to both his team and Jimin.

Rolling out of his four poster, Jungkook pushed back the crimson hangings and stepped out of bed, his bare feet touching the cold wooden floor.

His dorm mates were all still asleep as it was still early. Jungkook had had a restless night, not being able to think about anything except the match with both fear and determination eating away at his mind as he attempted sleep.

Now, Jungkook padded softly towards the bathrooms in the Gryffindor dorms before taking a shower and pulling on his scarlet and gold robes.

Looking in the mirror and fixing his hair, he noticed how tired he looked. He had barely slept last night and it was making him more anxious than ever about the match. What if he was too tired to fly to the best of his ability?

Shaking the thought from his head, Jungkook pulled on the brown leather boots he wore as part of his Quidditch robes and grabbed his Firebolt from under his bed before heading out to the grounds for some early morning practice.

He had ignored his team mates orders not to practice before matches, all of them saying that it would only tire him out before the game, but Jungkook was used to playing and practising for hours on end without stopping so this wouldn't faze him. Besides, he needed to do something to distract himself from the thoughts eating his mind. He was growing more and more obsessed at the prospect of winning and didn't disagree with Seokjin when he had said that it was seriously getting out of hand.

But nothing could stop him today.

Not even Park Jimin.

As soon as he reached the Quidditch pitch, Jungkook kicked off from the ground, ignoring the cool February wind biting at his fingers and cheeks as he soared into the air, gripping tightly onto his broom.

He'd win today. He was sure of it.

***

After eating a pathetic excuse for a breakfast, Jungkook made his way back onto the grounds with his teammates.

The crowd roared as soon as the Gryffindors stepped onto the pitch holding their brooms, their brightly coloured robes flapping in the wind as they marched to the centre to greet their opposing team.

Jungkook watched as his team captain, Jackson, reached out his hand to shake it with Yoongi who stood with his own team opposite them.

Jungkook felt a surge of butterflies when he noticed Jimin standing beside the small captain, his silver hair matching the silver on his Slytherin robes being pushed back by the wind, revealing his dark eyes that locked with Jungkook's as they stood facing one another.