V

RIEUL

V.

From the first glance, I don't like it.

But Jungkook's happy, and I'd do anything to keep him that way as he bounces up the huge staircase. Right before we reach the guard, I pull him gently behind me and show him the tickets.

I wouldn't take a single chance with anything that'd get Jungkook hurt today.

The guard takes a swift look at us. We obviously don't look like we belong, but the tickets are real. And his job isn't to question, it's just to do.

"Welcome to V."

Jungkook squeaks into his hand.

The moment we come inside, I can feel Jungkook struggling to hold back an excited yelp as paintings after paintings fill my eyes. They're hung everywhere, in wide, expensive-looking frames.

I can't help but gape.

"Are these all—"

"No, no, no." Jungkook shakes his head, and points to the center of the huge space. "Noona, these are paintings that Taehyung-ssi chose to display. His real paintings are there."

I follow his fingertip, to a veiled piece of canvas.

"You know a lot about here, don't you?" I laugh, making him blush shyly as I ruffle his hair. "Did you do your research, Kookie?"

He nods, a quick shake of his head.

So adorable.

"Come on!" He grips my hand, pulling me over to a row of paintings. "There's still a bit of time before the showcase, Noona."

And I'm about to get dragged when a suited man suddenly comes up to the two of us. He taps my shoulder, and Jungkook looks around in surprise.

"Excuse me. Are you Jeon Rieul and Jungkook?"

"Yes...?"

"Good." He bows curtly, before straightening back up. "Mr. Kim has requested to see the two of you before the unveiling."

_________________________

"This way."

Jungkook. He's so busy looking at all the art that I'd had to practically steer him like a horse. And art was nearly everywhere here, hung on the walls.

The guard finally opens a pair of wooden doors.

And I hear cursing.

My eyes go wide when I see Taehyung, his black pools turned coldly down to a woman who's crying at his feet. She reaches for him, and I bite back a scream when he lets the wine glass he's holding crash to the floor.

It shatters to pieces.

When the woman screams, the first thing I do is turn to Jungkook. I had to cover his eyes— his ears—

But I realize he hadn't even noticed. He's completely distracted, doe eyes fixed straight at the stained glass artwork in the front of the room.