Slow Change

RIEUL

"Let's sleep."

He laughs when I stand up from the couch, my cheeks flaming with a hot blush.

"Why, Rieul?" I keep my head faced away when he pulls me back, because my ears feel so warm they must be the color of fire.

"Whatever that expression was," Taehyung murmurs, voice amused. "It did look gorgeous on you."

The moment his hand loosens a bit, I rush towards his room. I can feel his gaze on my back as I jump into the wide bed in the center, pressing all of my face into the cool sheets.

Why— does he have to be like that?

Then the door swings open, and I bury my face deeper into the pillow when I hear him coming closer.

His hand touches my hair.

I hold my breath as the bed dips, and then cut off into a yelp when he pulls me into his chest.

"I didn't know you were so shy with compliments."

"Shut up!" I hiss, scrabbling with my arms to try and get free. But he crushes me tighter, and I smack a hand right on his face when I notice that smirk on his lips.

He tilts his head.

"Let me be your caregiver."

"That's not how it works." I growl, making a dark smile tug his lips. "That's not how it works at all."

"Well. How is this any different from those lessons you're forcing on me, Miss Jeon?"

I glare at him. And then I start wriggling again, but his hold is so firm that I completely tire myself out just after a minute.

He laughs lowly when I finally give up.

"Just go to sleep, Rieul." Taehyung murmurs under his breath as he moves my hair back. "Because I'm not letting you go."

_________________________

Cold touch, dark whisper.

My eyes snap open.

I'm sweating furiously, and I quickly reach for Taehyung when I feel my heart racing inside my chest.

But my outstretched hand touches nothing.

Panicking even more now, I scramble up to a sitting position to find that he's gone. It's completely dark in the room, and I'm alone in it.

"Tae!"

Nobody answers.

Climbing frantically out of the bed, I rush out of the room. It's colder outside, and dark. It's so dark I can't even see a single thing.

"Taehyung!"

I start running with my hands thrown out in front of me. Sweat sticks the back of my shirt to my skin, and I wave my arms wildly as I stumble around in the black.

Where is he?

Where—

Then someone takes hold of both of my hands.

"Rieul."

My heart crashes forward in relief when I feel his hands press firmly around my waist, leading me in fast steps back to his room.