To Be Okay

JIMIN

"Y-You can't go anymore?"

"I'm sorry." The driver says. He'd stopped the car entirely, because of the rain pouring. "It's dangerous to go on with all the power out. The traffic lights aren't—"

I have to go.

"Thanks for getting me here." I say shakily, and the driver looks back in shock.

"You're going out in this rain? It's completely dark outside! You won't get anywhere, I promise."

I swallow.

"I just— there's a person I really need to see." I say, flipping the hood of my jacket over my head. "Don't worry. My home is close to—"

Then I blink when he hands me a small umbrella.

"It probably won't work in this storm." He says, wincing at my surprised expression. "But it's better than nothing. Take it."

I'm stunned.

"T-Thank you."

He frowns. "I still think you really shouldn't leave the car. But you sound urgent."

I nod firmly.

Jungkook. I needed to get back to him.

Thanking him again, I open the door and close it right back. The umbrella barely blocks the rain, but the rain isn't the problem.

It's the darkness.

For a moment I'm completely lost. I just stand there, not knowing what to do when lightning splits the air.

It illuminates the surroundings for a single second before throwing it back to darkness.

And I find my way back home, with lightning as my only light source.

________________________

JUNGKOOK

It's dark.

It's cold.

I'm curled up in my tent, shaking violently as another lightning flashes through the windows. I'd wrapped myself in blankets, my back pressed against the wall.

Jimin hyung had gone somewhere, and he'd left me all alone in the storm.

Trembling, I try calling him again. But it leads straight to voicemail, and I whimper.

Did something happen? What if something bad happened to hyung?

Will I never see him again?

I start crying. I'd zipped my tent up tight, but it was so scary.

I call Noona.

"Jungkook?"

"R-Rieul Noona." I whisper, sobbing harder when I hear her voice. "Please talk to me. It's so dark, and Jimin hyung's not here. He could be— could be..."

"Jimin isn't there with you?!"

Thunder rocks through the house again. My throat is all stuck with fear.

"He—He went somewhere. He texted me he'll be back soon, but he's not. He's not here, and he isn't picking up e-either."

"How long?"