A Handful

JIMIN

"Hyung! Jimin hyung!"

The door crashes open. My eyes go wide when Jungkook barrels straight into me, his arms wrapping tight around my neck.

"Kook! I have flour all over..."

But then I notice him shaking, his eyes wide but no tears on his cheeks. He looks stunned, and I quickly dust the flour on my hands.

"Hyung, I had that dream again."

"The lights?" My voice instantly goes worried, but then I look back up at him. There's no tears in his doe eyes.

No tears?

"It was coming— all scary and hot, but I wasn't really scared." He says, stepping back with a wide smile. "Because you told me not to be, hyung."

Jungkook grins cheekily.

"Are you proud of me?"

And I jump into his arms with a happy yelp. There's even more flour on the front of his shirt now, but I don't care— he'd actually done it.

He'd gotten over his fear.

"Jungkook, I'm so proud of you." I say, beaming at the bashful expression on his face. "And this is perfect! I even made a new menu for the café."

He squeals.

I smile when he instantly rushes into the kitchen, and find him with his cheeks stuffed round. And the smile turns to a laugh when I see him looking at another piece in his hands, clearly wondering if he should try and put that in as well.

"Chewing, remember?" I laugh, poking at his cheeks. "One at a time! You look like a squirrel."

He swallows.

"This is so good, hyung! How'd you make it? Can we bring it to Noona and Taehyung-ssi tomorrow?"

I start wrapping the little cakes, trying my best not to start smiling even harder.

"Is it really that good? Tasty enough for selling?"

Jungkook nods. Then I gasp when he grabs another cake on the tray, poking it into his mouth before I can stop him.

"Kookie! Now the numbers are not even!"

"No worries, no worries." He grins, and I just shake my head when he pops another one off the tray. "I can just eat more."

"Ta-da! Even!"

I burst into laughter.

"I guess that's one way you can do it." I say, tying a ribbon around the top of each bag. "We can even go today, if you'd like?"

When Rieul has first come to my door and told me she was going to live with the Kim Taehyung to be his temporary caregiver, I'd shut the door on her and told her to come back sober.

And she'd been really telling the truth.

"Yeah!" He claps his hands together when he hears me, bouncing excitedly on the kitchen floor. "It'll be a surprise! A nice surprise!"