A Call

RIEUL

Click.

"Taehyung?" I whisper, my phone pressed firmly to my ear. It's pouring outside, and it was worrying me.

"Yes. Rieul— are you okay?"

I nod, even though he can't see me.

And then I start talking furiously.

"It's really bad outside— the weather. The power might even go out soon. Where...Where are you? Did you get to the building at least?"

His voice is warm.

"Aw. You're worried sick about me."

"Taehyung!" I hiss, and I can hear his soft laughter. "I'm serious. Did you get to the art building or not?"

"I'm almost there, baby."

I swallow. That wasn't really good— driving in this storm looked so dangerous.

It's like he reads my mind.

"Don't worry. Just go to sleep— when you wake up, I'll be by your side."

My fingers relax a bit on the phone.

"...okay."

"Alright, Princess."

"Wait, wait." I quickly whisper, rubbing my fingertips together. "Call me back as soon as you can though, okay? As soon as you can."

He laughs.

"I will. Stay safe."

That call had been more than four hours ago.

Now I was worried sick, and not even a single call from Kim freaking Taehyung-ssi.

It's cold in the room, and I pull at my fingertips while curled up on his bed.

I couldn't even fall asleep.

It's almost dawn— and the storm had died down. All the streets were flooded, but I was just waiting for one thing.

Lights.

The moment it got brighter, I was going to get straight to that building. And then I'd find him, drag him back home.

I wouldn't even call him.

It was his fault for not contacting me.

The power stays out. I'd already checked my phone for the reports— and it looked like it was going to be out until noon.

So the moment dawn breaks, I jump out of the blankets and pull on a jacket.

I leave the house all annoyed.

"Taxi!"

"Uh— Seoul Art Convention Center, please." I say, all rushed. I still couldn't get over the fact he hadn't given me one call. I'd just been so worried and afraid that...

Whatever.

The cab stop after about fifteen minutes.

"This is the farthest I can go, Miss." The driver says, and I nod thankfully. "The center's just a five minute walk."

"Thank you."

Hopping off the taxi, I start speed walking towards the convention center.