2 - What a nice day

"Do you still wake to sunsets, eat home alone

"Do you still wake to sunsets, eat home alone. Watching the moonrise asking on and on.
What's gone wrong?

How you been doing, you sleeping alright?
I'm worried your tears still wake you up night.

And you know why, but you don't know why at the same time."

[eaJ - 50 proof]

~~~~

Birds chirping, the sound of car engines, people taking walks. It was all he could see and hear. He brings his head up to see he still had less than five minutes before time.

He was one of the few people seated in the small, aromatic café. This wasn't exactly his favorite place, but he still liked it though. This coffee shop was near his girlfriend's place, hence almost all their dates were spent here with them having coffees and lattes.

He'd been having several quarrels and misunderstandings with her, antecedent to this day ---he decided to meet up at this coffee shop.

Finding words to say, he puffed out a deep sigh. It didn't really seem to work anymore, they didn't seem to. He'd given a lot of thought to this decision, though he did have many reasons to do it. They lacked so much and he was the only one willing to fix it but love didn't work that way.

Love is all about compromise. It's about trust, and understanding, it requires good communication.

He leans to see the bustling streets he had in his sight, as he was seated near a wide glass window. Many people were going back and forth. Some going on a walk with their pets, some were couples.

All smiles on their faces, unlike him who had his heart aching.

It was still early in the morning, too early for him to feel this sad and hurt.

He thinks of all the possibilities, and what if's.

What if she fell out of love with me? She could've told me, though.

"Hey, Soobin. I'm sorry I took a while." Startling him out of his reverie, his girlfriend calls to him. She was all dressed up and seemed to be going out. He didn't want to take up a lot of her time cause apparently she had none, even for him.

"No, it's okay. I didn't wait that long."

"Thank you, it took me some time to get ready for work you know, that's why I'm dressed like this."

He lets out a small, almost inaudible chuckle. It's a weekend, she doesn't have work on weekends.

It saddened him how easy it was for her to lie to his face. Did she not think he knows her scedule? Nevertheless, it only added fuel to the fire. He wanted to stay firm with his decision.