My thoughts about the ep: NOT SHY

These are my thoughts regarding their latest mini album:

(Comment your thoughts too!)

Not Shy -

It's actually good but the fact that it's in the area of Hiphop makes it appear generic. That passage at the intro was so good, and the back beat of the song is brilliant. Their vocals though, it was great especially Lia's. I think the song could use a lot more elements to it, like a guitar riff. That would be awesome.

Apparently the song incorporates hiphop and trap elements. That sound at the intro, I feel like those were horns. I'm still not sure but that was really cool.

Ryujin's rap after the intro was...chef's kiss. The pre-chorus was catchy and cute honestly, maybe because of Yuna's and Lia's voice.

About the music video, I am absolutely, definitely, a hundred percent impressed. The video editing was amazing and I am completely relieved that there was not much CGI. The video was freakin great and the camera work was literally so good.

I think what I loved the most was the camera work. The way the camera would follow along the choreography, those sick transitions and match cuts were awesome as hell.

Not to mention, their visuals were outstanding and it shook me. And the choreo brooooo, IT'S HAAARD. AND YEJI'S HIGH NOTE AT THE BRIDGE SKKZKKSSJSJXJE I...CAN'T....EVEN.

I think the killing point, like what really aced in this song was the rapping. And the pre-chorus that served like an ice breaker to the song. 10/10 without a doubt.

Now, onto the b side tracks.

Don't Give a What -

First of all, that guitar at the intro will be the death of me. My inner rockstar trash wanted to cry so I did. Chaeryeong at the beginning 😭

This song has huge potential to be a title track, and I'm not lying. That switch of melody at the chorus was pretty smart and it added flavour to it. 9/10 maybe, I'm tryna be really honest here.

Louder -

This song, I'm guessing it's the most experimental. The raps were really good as expected.

I'm honestly just so happy Lia managed to showcase her vocals well. All their vocal stabilities have improved especially Yuna's.

I.D -

This is actually pretty good. It lingers within the lines of funk and pop and hiphop. That section Ryujin and Yuna did (separately), the one they put in the spoiler, it was soooo good. The introoo, wow. At first I figured it was a bit in the Swing but I guess not.

Ryujin's rap in this one is what impressed me the most. The weird sound after the rap, what was that? Were those synthesizers? It was so cool.

The chorus was so good. The second part where they did the high note, I liked it. And the bridge, it kinda felt really chill and it felt like you're floating or something like that. The song was like an 8/10 for me.

Be in Love -

This song hits haaard bruh. No wonder it was their favourite. It has really heavy western influence. Knowing that Kenzie and LDN noise produced this song, it's not such a surprise to me. The song Psycho by RV was also produced by Kenzie and that song straight out sounds so western. SM as the best producers aside from Bighit, honestly.

The first verse was nice, and what added more feels into it was those backing vocals and the subtle flow of the guitar at the background. And the chorus....wow.  Was that acoustic guitar I heard? I think it was. Again, the backing vocals are great. Even the percussion that served as an introductory to the post-chorus or second part was bomb.

The bridge was effin awesome. Yuna's voice has shone so well and It really makes me happy. The melody of the bridge was really good and Lia's high note surprised me. 10/10 for me.

Surf -

The moment I heard a bit of this from the album spoiler, I knew it was the one for me. Dude, I legit cried real hard coz the actual song was a thousand times better. If this was their title track, I wouldn't go complaining.

The build up of those fucking falsettos at the beginning was like the best thing in the whole universe. I don't know what I like more, the keys or the bassline. I wanna cry.

The second verse was good too. Chaeryeong at the pre-chorus was the most wholesome thing ever, the melody was sooooo good. And don't even get me started with the chorus because I am in love with the song, I could marry it. Jk.

The thing they did after the bridge, they slowed down the chorus and it made things even better. Their back vocals harmonizing together was brilliant and pleasant to hear. The instrumental was amazing and cheerful and if you hear how good the bassline is, I love you.

This song is straight out 11/10 for me. The best song Itzy released. It has this like good progression but subtlety at the same time. It just hits hard.

I'm sorry this was a long ass dumb analysis. I think this is just me being in love with the song Surf. Is it wrong I actually anticipated for it more than Not Shy? Lmao.

I'm working on the next chapter, don't worry :))