10 - I keep wanting to see her

"A hot cup of cocoa on the coldest day,A smile for a stranger as yougo on your way

A smile for a stranger as you
go on your way.

A night on the town at the old cabaret.
It's the simple things,
Those elementary things
That made your day."

[The Jive Aces - Simple things]

~~~~

They say, when you're with someone you are comfortable with, time would be irrelevant. For Soobin's case, it was quite confusing. He didn't know why he felt giddy and gratified unlike the usual sensation he feels every day. Something about her keeps pulling him in and somehow he just couldn't help it.

The smile on his face never faded, his mood only brightening more and more at the thought of her.  The confidence that ran through him was what surprised him the most, and it was the last thing he would have whenever he is around a girl. A beautiful one. The moment he laid his eyes on her at the park, he felt the adrenaline rush through his veins. He felt like he needed to talk to her no matter what. He did, and turns out they're friends now.

Soobin was never this assertive, not even for Jihyun. He always hid under his shell and would never initiate a conversation. Maybe that was more reason to her leaving him and seeing someone else. Nevertheless, Soobin has been trying his best to move on and it seems like he already has. Or has he?

Suddenly remembering about his younger friends, he look down to his phone and dials Taehyun's number. "Tae?"

"Oh, Soobin! What's up?"

Soobin chuckles at the enthusiasm radiating through his phone. "Have you had dinner?"

"Why? Are you treating me out? I haven't eaten."  The younger responded almost immediately. When food is in the line, he would never refuse.

"Hmm. Tell Kai too, he's there at your dorm right?" He asks.

"Okay, I'll go to his room and tell him."  He replies, his footsteps clear in the background.

"Meet me at the usual barbeque place." He says and hangs up afterwards.

Living alone has been quite a challenge for Soobin, and it's not like he has a choice. After his father's death, things weren't exactly the way it was before. Some things change and whether you like it or not you'd just have to go on with the program.

A few more minutes and he reaches the place, the younger ones still not present as for the rather long distance from the university. He settles down while waiting and his friends arrive faster than expected.

"Sooo, what's with you today? You rarely treat us." Kai says, starting a conversation a while of silence and them putting all their focus on their phones.