12 - Second thoughts

"Often, I am upset that I cannotFall in love but I guess, this avoids theStress of falling out of it

Fall in love but I guess, this avoids the
Stress of falling out of it.

Are you tired of me yet?
I'm a little sick right now but I
swear, when I'm ready I will fly us
Out of here."

[Home - Cavetown]

~~~~

People are complicated, you know. They're two faced. People are genuine, sometimes they're not. Some are just happy you're happy, some are angry that you are. The list goes on.

Most of all, people are capable of love. Everyone catches feelings and then get hurt. Anyone can find somebody new.

You will meet, you will find. The feelings will just grow, no matter the time, no matter the person. Whether they're different from you or they're almost the exact same, you could catch feelings any moment.

"I'm not sure with this." It does not take an experiment or ages of thinking to know you're interested in someone. Apparently, Soobin knows where this is going and he fears of the possible outcomes that might overwhelm him in the future. "But I can't help it."

And you know what makes love so complicated? People —it's always those damned people.

The young man wonders why he feels something holding him back in the first place. Is it the fact that he just got his heart broken? Or maybe he just hadn't moved on yet. It could also be the fact that he's afraid of having his heart broken again.

The thoughts bubble up inside his head as he eats, lost in a trance. "Why am I making such a big deal out of this?" He mutters to himself, actually wondering why he feels as if it's something he should be worried about. "Do I text her?"

Some might find it weird when one talks to himself, but can you blame him? He's 22, doesn't have a girlfriend and even lives alone in his apartment.

Soobin shrugs the doubts off and fishes his phone from his pocket. As he does, he brings his empty dish to the sink then turns to lean his back on the counter. He lets out a muffled giggle as he scrolls to his contacts of a few people then stumbles upon her name. "She even put a heart. What does that mean?" Still chuckling like a fool, he asks to himself.

The raven head bites onto his finger thinking of something to say. After a lot of messages that got erased, he comes up with a less awkard and creepy starter.

Hi? It's me Soobin.

After a minute or so, he receives a text back from her.

Jisu💕

Oh hey, Soobin!
Have you arrived home?