Chapter 8

"All fleets, Full speed ahead!" Issei shouted.

There was a total of 30 ships going through the anomaly. The fleets of the two commanders and an extra six carriers that were carrying EDF forces and equipment.

The anomaly was bigger up close but they didn't back down and charged forward.

It was a strange sensation. It felt like they had went through water but the anomaly seemed as if it was made of gelatin, it pushed out on the other side when they went through. (Think of StarGate.)

Once they were through, they saw that everything looked the same, but it was raining and there was a light mist.

"Where are we?" An EDF Trooper asked. (I'm changing the appearance of the EDF forces from how they looked in the games.)

"I don't know, but let's continue on

"I don't know, but let's continue on. Hopefully we'll find someone friendly." Issei said.

They had been sailing for two hours now and still haven't found anything. Maybe they were far away from any land? Some of the troops were getting bored and antsy with nothing going on.

"Hey, how about we sing some songs?" An older EDF Trooper asked.

"Good idea! But, what do we sing?" Laura asked.

Everyone thought about it before a Trooper replied.

"I've got it!"

Everyone looked at him and he started to sing and everyone else smiled and joined in.

The Kansen were surprised at the lyrics. It gave a hopeful feel to them.

"Man, how long has it been since anyone had sung that?" Issei asked.

"Well over ten years I'd say." A female Trooper said.

"Man, has it really been ten years since the Ravagers invaded?" Laura asked.

"Yeah. I can't believe it's already been ten years since then. We've really done a lot since it ended." Another Trooper said.

And it was true. In the years since the invasion, humanity had rebuilt everything that could be rebuilt and started to repopulate. Fortunately many military forces around the world survived along with the remaining civilians. Only the Earth Defense Force had been in danger. They only had enough forces to fit in one aircraft carrier!

Thanks to the EDF's elite Storm team, they pushed the aliens back and saved planet earth! Unfortunately the Sirens came. Fortunately they rarely attacked human settlements.