ORE DYNASTY

I typed this whole book on my phone. Lol.
This prompt would be removed when I get a laptop and finally ctrl + J the whole book.
I have gone through the spellings and grammar, but the lines and spacing might be a problem.
But enjoy.

                                         1.

"He's back."

"Prepare his room."

"Have his bath ready."

"Tell the cook to prepare the usual."

The entire Palace was frantic. News just got in that Prince Olumurewa, and his army was on their way back. Their return meant victory for the people of the Dynasty; it also meant the inhabitants of the Palace had to walk on eggshells because the Prince was a hard man to please.

He had a quick temper that burned and left a scar, and although he was rarely ever seen outside the Palace, the whole town knew of his quick fits of rage and how he had no respect for anyone, not even their King.

The war had lasted just a few days, but the inhabitants of the Palace were able to relax in the Prince's absence. Now that he was returning, the tension was high again, and everyone had to be on their best behavior.

***

The Prince was currently on a leisurely ride back to the palace. Beside him was his right-hand man and long-time friend, Jamal.  Riding behind him were the rest of the army.

He had already sent word of his arrival, and the people were outside their homes, singing victory songs in welcome. The war with the Amu Kingdom had been a quick one, but it claimed the lives of many of his men before it ended.

He had made the mistake of underestimating them from the beginning, and he would never make that mistake again.

Amu was a small Kingdom, but they had fought with their last breath, each soldier prepared to die. His grandfather would say, "The most difficult man to fight is the man who is ready to die."

Ore dynasty won the battle but never had he lost so many men. To Amu, for that matter! The thought bruised his ego, making him bristle with rage, his hard body tensed atop the horse trotting beneath him. He was the Chief of this army, and he had let them down.

"You shouldn't look so glum," Jamal said suddenly. "We won."

Murewa turned hard eyes on his friend. "To me, we lost," he said, swaying as the horse moved beneath him. "I lost twenty men."

"It's our loss," Jamal corrected. "The whole Kingdom would mourn these great men who fell for Ore to rise."

"Enough!" Murewa ordered, and Jamal sat back. "Are you trying to make me feel better?"

"Yes."

"It's not working," he snapped. "The whole Kingdom would mourn, blah-blah-blah, who gives a fuck about the Kingdom? They weren't there! We saw it with our eyes, our brothers falling around us. Amu didn't come to battle to win; they came to die. And that is the most dangerous battle of all. A man who isn't afraid to die would put up a dirty fight because he has nothing to lose. My men went down like flies because I didn't anticipate that; I didn't anticipate anything at all!"