IN TOO DEEP

"I guess you don't have it bad, yea? You bring me food and still get to fuck me. I bet you brag about it to all your servant friends."
- Prince Murewa

xXx

She couldn't sleep throughout the night because she kept thinking about him.
Where had he gone last night?
Was he angry with her?

She walked to his room slowly with the glass of milk, trying to tone down her excitement as she drew nearer to his door.

He might not be that excited to see her.

She was right.

As she knocked and turned the knob to push the door open like always, she felt a resisting force and looked up to see the Prince fill the doorway; so tall he hooked his arm on the top edge of the door.

"Uhh, good morning." She greeted as she looked up at him.
He reached for the glass and disappeared into the room, then began to shut the door in her face.

She slipped her foot through the hole and the door recoiled when it hit her foot.

"Ouch." She cursed and the door was pulled open again.

"What?" He was looking down on her, his eyes angry.

"Why are you locking me out?"

"Locking you out?" He echoed.
"Are you supposed to come in?"

"I'm sorry about what I said last night." She shifted nervously.
"About sleeping with the Prince," she added when he looked back blankly. 

"Why are you sorry?" He asked. "Are you not sleeping with the Prince?"

She lowered her eyes.

"Why won't you let me come in? Is someone in there?" She murmured, her eyes on the hallway floor.

"Yes." He was pushing the door close again but Abike pushed back and slipped in.

The room was empty and the bed was unmade.

She whirled to see him drinking his milk, his back on the door, legs crossed at the ankles.

She wanted to melt in embarrassment.
He had gotten her.
Her jealousy was obvious.

He was looking at her above the rim of the glass, his throat moving with each gulp.

She waited till he was done.

"Are you going to expect to be coming in everyday?" He asked finally, dropping the glass to the floor beside his foot.

"Yes."

He pushed away from the door and walked towards the bed where he sat. Then he tapped his thighs, motioning for her to come to him.

She didn't need to be told twice.

She settled comfortably on his laps, her arm surrounding his waist as she buried her head in the crook of his neck.

He smoothed his large palm down her hair and she murmured in contentment.

They remained silent in the same position until a knock sounded on the door.

"I have to go now, ma. Training," he said into her ear, his arms still tight around her.
She burrowed deeper into his arm.

"I know."

They remained that way for another moment, while the knocks became more persistent.
Soon, the knocks stopped and they heard the sounds of receding footsteps.