I LIKE YOU TOO

xXx

She wasn't coming, Murewa was sure of it.
It was already past five and Jamal would be here anytime soon.
He picked up his loaded bag and sat on the bed, waiting for his friend and wondering why he was feeling like he was about to start his day incomplete.
Abike was a servant girl, meant to serve him, it seemed he was going to have to talk to her. Remind her of who she was.

The door swung open suddenly and he glanced up to see her come in, her fingers wrapped around a glass of milk.
She shut the door and rubbed her eyes as she walked towards him.

"Good morning, my Prince," she said softly, stretching the glass towards him.
She still looked very sleepy.

All his chastisements flew out the window and he was made speechless by how full his heart felt.
Looking at her, standing in front of him with sleepy eyes touched something in him.
He felt totally powerless.

"Your milk." She shook the glass slightly and he took it from her and then set it on the ground.

She turned to leave immediately and he grabbed her wrist.
She jerked away and took several steps back.
They stared at each other for an intense minute.

"Come here."

"No." She jerked her shoulders stubbornly.

He realised he wasn't mad or upset at her. He found her cute.
"Come, mama."

"No."

"If this is about last night, I don't know what you want me to say."

Her eyes narrowed and he sighed.
"It's about last night, isn't it? Why'd you go then if you didn't want to go?"

"You could have just said stay if you wanted me to." She rolled her eyes at him.

"Don't do that mama. Don't roll your eyes at me."

She turned to the door.
"I'm leaving, I just came to give you your milk."

He was beside her in seconds, pulling her to him in a hug. She seemed to like hugs.
Well, win win, because he liked it too.

She stood stiffly in his arms as he wrapped his around her, tucking her neatly into his body.
"I wanted you to stay last night, you were just acting up for no reason." He tightened his hold when she struggled to pull away.
"I want you to stay now. Hang out with me again."

"It's almost time for training," she answered.

"It doesn't matter. I'd stay a while."

"Okay." Her arms finally came around him.

He kept mute for another moment. "Do you want to cuddle?"

"Yes." She nodded and let him lead her to the bed. They both climbed under the covers and he laid on his back, while she laid on his chest, one leg sprawled over his.

She sighed and settled in comfortably.
"You didn't take off your boots." She was already sounding drowsy.

"Hmm." Murewa began to run his finger through her scalp. Her cornrows already looked rough and he briefly thought about her taking it off.
He missed when she had her natural hair sleeked back in a full bun.