EASY

"...Just because I want you doesn't mean you wouldn't act right. I won't hesitate to put you in your place. You are nothing to me."
                - Prince Murewa

The hallway was empty and semi-dark as she walked through it the next morning holding the Prince's glass of milk. It wasn't surprising in the least bit as it wasn't even five a.m. yet.

She wasn't sleepy though, her eyes shined with a gleam of excitement at seeing the Prince again.
She knocked on his door once and pushed it open impatiently. He was sitting on the bed, a white towel around his waist, his skin glistening with moisture.

He was doing that thing where he just stared at her until she had to lower her gaze. But this time, she didn't. She walked towards him slowly, her fingers curled around the glass of milk.

"Good morning, Master," She greeted awkwardly.
He had told her not to refer to him as her Prince but calling him Master now left a sour taste on her tongue.

He didn't seem to like it either because a muscle flexed in his jaw, a telltale sign of his anger.
"My name is Olumurewa," he spoke for the first time that morning and Abike resisted the urge to close her eyes as his deep voice washed over her.

"My name is Olumurewa" 

She went over what he said in her mind again and reeled. What was he trying to say? Did he want her to address him by his name?
He didn't give her enough time to dwell on his words as he was already pointing to the glass of milk she was holding, his hand stretched out to receive it.

Like she did yesterday, she reached up to twine her hands in his, clasping her fingers around his.
She felt his fingers tense again, but she didn't let go. She stretched the glass of milk to him with the other hand and he took it, downing it in one gulp.

"Are you okay?" She asked softly.

"Do I look like I'm not?" He bit back and Abike sighed in anger. "I was just asking. Don't be rude."

"Rude?" He repeated. "What did I say about that mouth of yours?" He jerked their entwined hands towards himself and Abike stumbled forward, catching herself before she sprawled all over him.

Suddenly, he had both her arms pinned behind her, the action pushing her body upwards towards him. "Do you want me to show you rude?"
He let his other free hand roam over her clothed body, touching her breasts and down to her stomach. She bit down on her lips.

He breathed out a harsh sound and then laid his head down on her breasts. His hold on her arms loosened and she shook out of his hold, her hands coming up to gently cup his head, pressing him to her softly. There were moments like this when his control snapped and all he wanted was to be held.
Abike just wished it happened more often.

"Why do you have to go train every day?" She asked him softly, her fingers running through his hair lightly; so he wouldn't feel too cramped and withdraw. He hummed in response.

Abike almost said "use your words" in the same authoritative tone he always used, but she knew that would just be calling for trouble.

"Do you get tired?" Abike asked, and he looked up at her with twinkling eyes. "I'm only human, Abike," he murmured, his breath fanning her cheek. In that exact moment, he looked more human than anyone else.

There was a crack in his usually cold eyes and she saw the sadness. She suddenly felt all her fear dissipate and knew then that her mission had changed. He was a broken man and she wanted to fix him.

She tried to press his head back to her again but he wouldn't budge, instead, he reached behind to pry her hands away from his head. Well, she didn't say the mission would be easy, she thought to herself as her arms fell to her side.