HOME

"I will find you. In the farthest corner, I will find you."
        - Mary E. Pearson

                                     xXx

When Abike heard the faint knock on the door, she groaned; already aware of who could be knocking the door at this time of the morning.

It wasn't a hard guess as there were only two other people in this large house and it was highly unlikely that it would be Commander Damola who was knocking.
So, it had to be Dora.

She burrowed deeper into the soft mattress, ignoring the second knock.
Dora liked to talk and although it was nice sometimes because the house could get boring without her constant chatter; it was also a chore to listen to her rattle on at other times.
Times like now.

Abike was in no mood for Dora's chatter.

She had dreamt of Murewa last night and now that she was awake, she was still having flashbacks of the dream.
She really missed him.
It didn't help that he hadn't responded to her letter.
Maybe he didn't miss her.
Maybe she was never going back to him.

"Miss Abike!" She heard Dora call sharply and groaned again.

Why was the woman being so adamant this morning?

"Step away from the door."

Abike sat up immediately.
That second voice wasn't Dora's.
It was Commander Damola's. She looked at the clock adjacent the bed and saw the time was six a.m.

Dora had never woken her this early before. And now, the Commander was also outside?

"Miss Abike." Commander Damola's voice reached her.

Abike suddenly lost her voice.
Since she came to this house, this was like the third time the man was even speaking to her. He hardly ever said anything.
He was like her Murewa, always out for training and even when he was around; he would rather be locked inside his room.

It didn't offend Abike, because on the very first day she arrived, Dora had explained his character to her.
He was a man of few words.
So why was he outside her door by this time of the morning?

A barrage of knocks spurred her to her feet and she climbed off the bed and raced to the door.

Sir Damola was dressed in a simple camo shirt and perfectly fitted chinos.
Even in the dim light of the hallway, he still looked as handsome as ever.

"Good morning, Miss," he greeted. "Please get dressed, your man wants you home by evening." He turned to leave.

Abike's heart slammed in her chest and it made her dizzy for a few seconds.

"Excuse me, sir." She called after him and he paused mid stride.

"I don't understand." She shook her head, praying he meant what she thought he did. Nothing would make her happier than seeing Murewa right now.

"We are leaving for Ore Dynasty," he said and quickly scurried away before she could ask any more questions.

Abike didn't need to ask, she had gotten her answer.

She squealed and ran back into the room to see Dora was already folding her cloths into her box.
She thanked the woman and disappeared into the bathroom.

In a minute she was out and in another minute, she was fully dressed.
Dora was done packing her bag and then she was ready to go.

By the time they reached downstairs, Abike was overexcited.
Sir Damola was standing in the living room with a uniformed man and the man immediately took Abike's box from Dora and exited the door.