I Promise

Chapter 4: "I Promise"

He pulled me along until we arrived at a cinema. As soon As I noticed where we were, I looked up at Jake and gave him an affirmative smile and pulled him inside. After he purchased both our tickets, he led me towards cinema 3.

The cinema in my hometown has four different rooms, each labelled with numbers if you didn't already assume that. We sat in the middle of the row, above one of the entry points and started watching the ads that played before the movie. We decided to watch some new superhero movie neither of us had seen yet and we were both excited to watch it.

As the ads finished and the movie started, I got comfortable in my seat and rested my head on his shoulder. "You comfy there?" I lifted my head and smiled before placing my head back.

"Very."

The movie wasn't how I thought it would be and I hated that, it was too frightening for me, and I couldn't handle it. As the end credits started rolling Jake lifted my head from being buried in his shoulder and lifted my chin up. "You, ok?"

I pulled my head away and looked at the crowd that was now leaving the cinema room. "That movie was not how I expected." He started chuckling and I wrapped my arms around him. "Thank You so much for this and everything else, I really needed it."

He smiled at me and grabbed my hand, leading me out of the cinemas into the blinding sun. As we left, I saw Aaron and Taylor sitting on the bench under a tree kissing in the park next door. I started running as tears rolled down my cheeks. I was not ready to see him, much less with her.

I ended up a block away from the theatre in front of some hair salon, with puffy eyes and hyperventilating. I sat on the wooden tree planter outside the shop and put my face in my hands, hiding my face from the view of passer-by's.

While my hands were on my face, I felt someone sit next to me and wrap their arms around me. I looked up and after realizing who It was, I placed my head into their chest and continued sobbing softly. It was Jake.

"Clarisa, what happened." He had a stern approach in the way he spoke, and I pulled him closer to me moving my head so that it was engulfed by his shoulder. "It... was.....him, Aaron. He was.... with...." I started crying even heavier and moved my head into his chest again, leaving a damp area on his shoulder.

He stood up and moved in front of me squatting and put his hands on my shoulders softly. I looked into his eyes and slowly stopped crying.

"Why haven't you run away yet?" I look at my shoulder, feeling his touch as I tried to stop crying. "I'm here for you, I'm not going to leave you, especially now." He moves his left hand from my shoulder and places it on my left cheek.

I placed my hand on his, feeling his hand against my cheek and smiled gratefully at him. "Thank You......so much." He softly moved his thumb along my cheek and stood up straight. He grabbed my hands and pulled me up.
I stood up and wrapped my arms around him. He started laughing and started to talk softly. "Let's go, I want to take you somewhere." I smiled and grabbed his hand from my grasp. He smiled and wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me along, towards our next destination.

"Where are we to now." I placed my head on his upper arm and walked along with him. "It's somewhere I think you will love."

I rolled my eyes and giggled softly into his arm. He lifted my head, so I was facing him and gave me a carefree, heartbreaking smile. Before softly kissing my forehead. He rested his chin on my head and spoke ever so softly.

"I Promise!"

***Don't forget to vote, comment and keep on reading***