Anything But Perfect

Before this chapter starts I'd like to Thank you all for helping me hit 100 reads. It's amazing and I'm really grateful.

I Hope You enjoy this chapter.

Chapter 6: "Anything but Perfect"

With his arms holding me up so I was clinging onto his back, he carried me towards the playground heading straight for the swings.

Laughter surrounds us as we walk, with the glows of happiness blinding us. As we got to the silver and red swings, I slowly let go of him.

He noticed and let me hop down, placing me softly on the ground. I took his hand and squeezed it.

"Thank you so much for this."

I could tell he could see the glimmer of pure trust and hopefulness in my voice as I said it. He looked up to my eyes before looking down to his hands grazing his thumb against the top of my hand softly in return.

I led him towards the swings and sat down on one pulling him onto the one next to it. He sat down easily and continued to hold on to me. I let go of his hand and start to slowly swing gripping hard into the ropes.

Even though I was only swinging softly, I still felt as if I was flying. Jake was just looking towards me smiling Taking in my every move.

I slowly stop swinging and take him in properly. He was sitting up straight with his hair blowing in the soft evening wind, with his eyes sparkling from the moon.

After a moment of studying him, he spoke up.

"I'm glad you like it here."

My smile widens as he spoke.

"Thank you so much for bringing me here."

I look away and look towards the lake before speaking softly.

"This is an amazing place. I love it here.... It's so peaceful."

He looks towards the lake and sadness overwhelms his eyes.

"Yeah, it's always been my little piece of perfection."

He had a quiet tone this time and the sadness in his voice was apparent.

"I've been coming here since I was little, running around and playing, it's always been my own little sanctuary."

He looks away and tries to gain composure.

"I thought it would help you like it has with me." I stand straight up and walk in front of him reaching for his cheek with one and his hands with the other.

I lift his head up so that he's looking at me and Smile at him, giving him an understanding gaze. I lean over to him and place a soft kiss on his forehead before placing my forehead onto his.

He softly takes my hand away from his cheek and moves his head up so that our noses were inches apart. He tilts his head to the side of mine with his mouth on my ear.

"You are amazing."

I blush at his comment and try to hide my face, but before I can, he reaches for both if my hands and moves his head away, pulling gracefully me onto his lap. He placed his head back into mine, breathing in my scent.

I tilt my head back exposing my neck breathing in the calming evening scents and a large arrogant grin appears across his face. He leans his head into my neck and leaves butterfly kisses along the side of my neck going from below my ears all the down to above my collarbone.

I lift my head and searching his eyes, trying to understand what was happening. I push away moving of his lap and in front of his keeping the closeness I knew I craved, and made my hands into fists, holding them against his chest.

"I can't."

My voice was quiet and delicate.

I looked up at him and saw sadness flood into his eyes before he grabbed my hands from his chest. He held them against his cheek before letting them go, as if trying to grip onto this moment for a second longer.

I step back and grab his hands pulling him softly off the swing. He stands up and holds onto my hands tighter before releasing my left hand and placing his left hand onto my face softly. Gazing delicately into my eyes.

"I'm really sorry. You aren't even thinking about this and I'm already being an idiot about it."

I tilt my head towards his hand and smile in appreciation for him understanding.

"I.... Thanks... It's just.... To... Soon."

I look away from his gaze still holding onto his hand and start walking towards the footpath near the lakes edge pulling him along.

"Let's walk for a bit?"

It came out in a questioning tone.

"Yeah, I would like that."

We walk together in silence, hands intertwined listening to the flickering sound of the streetlights and the quiet noises from the wildlife around us.

"Geez, It's amazing out here!"

It was perfect. He looks away from the lake and looks over my face and body.

"Yeah, it really Is."

I burn up from his comment and place my head on his upper arm. He was nearly a foot taller than me so when walking together there is a gigantic height difference.

"Why are you so damn short."

I couldn't help but laugh at his comment.

"No, I'm not short you are just a giant ape."

I break out laughing realizing what I just said. He let's go of my hand and stops dead in his tracks.

"Hey, I may be a giant but I'm not an ape."

I turn to him and smile at his reaction. His arms we're crossed against his chest, and he had a giant smug smile on his stupidly perfect face.

"Oh, really now?"

I put my hands on my hips and rolling my eyes.

"We both know I'm an amazing person."

He double thinks his next sentence before finally speaking.

"You see just jealous!"

This makes me scoff. Why would I be jealous of him? Sure, he is amazing, obviously popular, Handsome, I mean he plays football, and gawd the amount if people that would be chasing him around wanting him to be with them.

"Yeah, yeah we get it, you're just perfect in every single way."

I say this rolling my eyes at him. He finds humour in this and shakes his head reaching with his right hand for my cheek.

"I am anything from perfect."

He moves his thumb along my cheek softly and placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

"You, on the other hand, are amazing, beautiful and perfectly imperfect."
My smile widens at his comment, and I Place my hand up onto his feeling his hand on my cheek.

"I'm anything but perfect."

***Don't forget to vote, comment, and keep on reading***