Come back

"How can you pay for this place?" Tess asked as she walked into one of the most elegant and refined restaurants she had ever been to.

"Don't worry about that." He simply said guiding her to the front where the host was waiting.

"Of course I worry. I don't want you wasting your money just to impress me. Come on let's go." She pulled his hand but he was stronger and didn't move an inch.

"Tess...Baby I can pay for this. My former job payed well. I can take you to this places and more. Please don't worry." He pecked her lips and pulled her back to the front.

"Welcome. Table for two ?" The young host asked.

"Yes." James nodded and smiled at the host.

"Come this way." The host walked and they followed her. As they walked there James lowered his hand and took hers. She looked up and smiled. He kissed her hand and kept following the host.

"Here is your table. The waiter will be with you soon." The host winked at James and just walked past Tess.

Tess's smile quickly faded and James noticed the change in her mood instantly.

"Babe. Calm down."

"How can you ask me to calm down when she was flirting with you. If she comes back I'm going to kick her ass." James laughed at her jealousy and moved the chair back for her to sit on.

"Thank you."

James moved to his own chair and smiled at her." If she does come back I will pay no attention to her. Because I have the best with me."

He really had a way with words. She smiled and felt as the anger left her body slowly. Before she could say something back the waiter approached them.

"Hello. My name is Greg, I will be your waiter today. Here are the menu's, I will leave the here for you. Do you want anything in the meanwhile ?"

"No. Thank you." She responded.

"Me neither. Thank you. We will call you when we are ready to order." The waiter excused himself leaving them to decide.

Tess opened the menu and closed it right away. James looked at her and set his down too. "What's wrong?"

"Everything here is way too expensive. James I really don't need this. I feel really bad, please let's go somewhere else."

"Tess. Don't worry I can pay for this." He reassured her once again."Tess I'm okay with money, okay, and I want to treat you right. Taking you anywhere else would be disrespectful "

"I'll be fine if we go anywhere else." She answered once again.

"Tess....I'm rich okay. And as long and as your with me you don't ever have to worry about money again. Now come on order anything you want." James handed her the card back and she hesitantly looked through it. A few minutes passed before both decided what to order. The waiter came around and took their orders.

"Tess, I have a question. Earlier when we got to the club Sean said "Your the boss" what exactly does that mean."

"It's means I'm the owner. I inherited it from my aunt. Before I just used to dance and sing but after she passed I took care of the place." Tess responded melancholicly. James assumed the topic made her sad for some reason.

"How long have you owned it.?"

"Like 8 years. But I have been performing since like 12 years ago.?"

"When did you start?"

"20". Tess told him looking straight at him. "Now it's my turn to ask questions. What do you used to work in ?" He tried making up a lie but before he could answer the waiter arrived with their food.