Boxes and Secrets 📦➕🤫

"Tess!!!" James shouted from the door of Tess's apartment. He tried walking to Tess's bedroom but had to check his step since the floor was covered by boxes and all types of stuff.

"Tess!!" James once again shouted. Only this time there was a response.

"Over here." Tess responded. James followed her voice to her bedroom. He found her in the floor sitting next to two boxes.

"Hey babe." James said. He moved closer and bend down giving her a quick kiss.

"Hey. Can you help me with the boxes?" Tess asked.

"Yeah. Sure. Which ones should I take.?"

"Take the ones by the door first. Those are my clothes and some other stuff."

"But aren't these boxes your clothes.?" James asked confused . He pointed to the ones she was sitting infront of.

"Both are."

"Ok." James simply said. He nodded and walked back to the entrance starting to carry some boxes.

He carried a few to the car and then went back to take more. On his way back with the other boxes he slightly tripped dropping a photo.

The glass instantly shattered. He put the other boxes down and picked up the picture that had been in the frame.

In the picture was Tess posing with another woman. Slightly older. But he noticed that part of the picture had been folded. He gently unfolded it and went pale.

In the photo was the man Marcia and him were looking for.

"Babe what did you break.?" Tess asked stepping outside the apartment and walking up next to him.

"Um...this....picture. I dropped it. Babe who is this ?" James asked pointing at Henry.

"He was the shitty uncle I told you about. And that was my aunt ,his wife. I had to live with them since my mom left. But he always gave me a bad vibe and now I know why."

"What do you mean ?" James asked.

"He is involved in some serious shit. But it has been years since we've sat down and tried to have a civilized conversation."

"Oh. How long has it been since you last seen him ?" James asked. He knew he had to stop asking questions or she would get suspicious. And he also felt bad. He wasn't planning on telling her about the case, that would put her in terrible danger.

"Let's say 3 weeks. But I told to not come back. I fucking hate him." Tess said. She absolutely hated talking about him and wished to have nothing of him.

"Ok. Well I'll buy you a new frame. I'm so sorry I broke this one." James said trying to drift away from the topic.

"It's okay. Just be more careful." Tess said. She have him a quick kiss before heading back inside.

James double checked that she had left before calling Marcia.

"Come on pick up. Pick up." James said in frustration. The phone ringed multiple times but Marcia never answered.

He decided to just leave a message." Marcia. I need to tell you something very important. Please answer as soon as you can."

James decided to just keep packing Tess's stuff in the car and wait for Marcia's call.

"Okay baby. There is only like 3 more boxes inside and we're done." Tess said coming outside.

"Don't worry I already packed all the ones in the living room. Wanna take a little break ?" James said.