Never saw this coming

Okay the song has nothing to do with this chapter. But it is such a rare Cher song that I think everyone should listen to. If you do please comment what you think. Thank you.🙏♥️♥️♥️

..........

Sean came in through the hospital door with Mark just behind.

He was crying so much his eyes didn't even let him see.

He walked to the end of the hallway were James was standing against a wall a crying mess.

"James." Sean called out just before he got to him.

James turned around to face him with tear tracks around his cheeks.

"Sean...our baby." James managed to get out. He had been crying non stop since being inside the ambulance.

He really didn't even care for his injury. So much so, that he didn't even want to leave Tess side to get his arm stitched.

"What are you talking about?" Sean asked confused.

"Tess......."

......

1 day earlier

"We have to get her some kind of help. She is pregnant and hurt. You can't keep her in here because she doesn't want to sell her club." Catherine fought.

She had been fighting with Henry since she found out he had put her in the basement.

"Look Catherine you have no voice in this argument. If I choose to keep you here is because I want. But as fast I can disappear you."

"Ha. Really. If you haven't done it all these years why now you coward. You've never killed a person with your hands because you've never had the balls." Catherine fought back.

"Shut up. I'm tired of you and your bullshit."

"I don't care. The only thing I ask is for compassion for her. She is pregnant. Send one of your fucking guards or whatever the get her a few things. "

"I'm not. Because it is coming out of my money."

"Then let me go buy it." Catherine put her hands on her hips and stared at Henry.

"Are you fucking crazy. Your supposed to be dead. So you can stop bothering me, I will send someone. But after your staying with her."

"I am fine with that. I prefer to be down there than up here with you asshole." Catherine said starting to walk through the door. "And I want those things in an hour. Here's the damn money." Catherine threw a couple of bills at Henry before walking down the stairs.

Catherine walked down the stairs to were James and Tess were staying. She closed the door softly not knowing what they were doing.

She peeked her head out and saw James and Tess on the floor. Tess was sleeping in between James legs.

"Hey. It's okay if you come down." James whispered.

Catherine smiled and crossed her arms. "It's actually really cold in here."

"Yeah. But I gave Tess my jacket, she was really cold."

Catherine finally walked down the stairs and looked at them closely.

She smiled at the idea of her niece being so happy. She had seen her with Vincent and the comparison to the amount of hapiness was eternal.

"How long have you know each other?" Catherine asked as she settled on the chair that was in front of them.

"3 months and like a week." James responded. He held Tess's waist with his right hand and caressed her hair with the other. It always helped Tess fall asleep.

"Wow. That was pretty quick."

"Yeah. But we just instantly connected. We moved in with 2 weeks of dating. And at 2 months she proposed to me first."

"She proposed first.?" Catherine asked.

"Yep. About a day after she told me she was pregnant. Then we had dinner and spent all night with each other."

"That really sounds like something Tess would do."

James nodded smiling widely at Catherine's remark.

"Well you two look very happy. You gave her everything she wanted in her life. Please don't ever hurt her."

James shook his head." I would never. I love her to much for that. And we've been through so much that I know she's been hurt enough in her life."

"She has. Since very little she's lost people. But no more about the sad stuff. How are you planning to name your baby?"

"Um....If it a girl Madison, Miranda or Victoria. Now if it's a boy we said it'd be Noah."

"Aww. Like my Father. It was Tess's grandfather. He passed away when she was 13."

"Yeah. I guess. She never really tells me about her past. I only knew of Henry because I invested for the case. But that's pretty much it."

"Well she believes in letting the past behind."

Just as James was about to respond the door could be heard being unlocked. Catherine and James instantly turned to see who it was.

"Sorry. Henry send me down to give you this." One of the maids said as she walked down.

"It's okay. Just give it to me. And you also bring a couple of blankets and pillows. It's really cold down here." Catherine said.

The maid nodded and walked up the stairs again.

"What is that ?" James asked.

"It's a couple of stuff for ,Tess. And also this thing we can put on her foot to help her heal. It's just inhumane having a pregnant and hurt woman down here but that rat doesn't care."

"You should of seen what he has done to us." James whispered to himself.

They waited for the maid to come back down with the other stuff to be able to lay Tess down.

"Okay you can be by her side and I'll do it." James proposed. Catherine nodded and went by Tess's side.

She was still asleep but they knew she would wake up as soon as she felt the ache.

"Okay. Here we go." James said. He slid the tight band around her foot as fast as he could but Tess still woke up.

"Shit." Tess closed her eyes in pain as she waited for it to go away.

"I'm so sorry babe." James said. She stood up and went to her side.

"I think there's some pills in the bag they brought down." Catherine said. She stood up from the floor and searched through the bag." Here they are. Do you think it will affect the baby?"

"Well the doctor said that only in the really bad situations she could drink medication and I think this is one."

"Yeah, me too." Tess whispered causing James and Catherine to smile.

Catherine opened the little container and shook it until a pill fell at her hand

"Here. There's some water here too." Catherine passed a water bottle and the pill to James.

"Here babe." Tess placed the pill in her mouth and took a sip of the water.

"It's okay honey. The pills will kick in." Catherine said caressing her arm.

Tess took Catherine's hand from her shoulder and kissed it. "I really can't believe your here. This is literally all I wanted. You and James and Sean and this little angle are all I need." Tess said getting a little emotional.

.........
Thank you who ever is reading. And I love ya'll.♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️