Chapter 1 - The Awakening

ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠɪʟʟᴀɪɴ'ꜱ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ

-

Sound of shuffling and loud banging could be heard.

What is that noise?

"Grrrr! The lid is too heavy. Time for.... my secret move!"

Said a voice, then suddenly everything surrounding him felt hot.

"Guwaahuhh~ There!"

With his eyes blurry, all he could see was blue.

Hot

It feels like I am burning

His sights adjusted to his surroundings and saw fiery blue flames.

Wait...

Blue flames...

Fire?!?!

Was the thought running in his brain as the thing that caused it clawed the door open of the- container? A large case? - that he is in.

It didn't seemed to notice him at first, as the creature made joyous sounds of accomplishment and a hint of mischief.

"Ok, ok gotta get..."

They turned and looked their way towards the boy.

The thing stared at him with wide eyes.

It looked some sort of a cat or a raccoon? As his odd tail swished left and right in a nervous panic. The tail looked as if it was a fork? A pitchfork, perhaps? Its fur is grey with a white patch at its chest and pink paw pads. It has electric blue flames blazing from its ears, eyes that are in a shade of bright blue. Around its neck, it wears a black-and-white striped bow tie which is torn at both ends.

"Whaaaaaaaa! Why are you up!?"

The cat? Raccoon? Yelled at the boy in front of it.

Said boy looked around in the area he was in as he stepped out of the case, in which he soon learned was a coffin.

A room with floating coffins?

How odd...

The boy raised his right hand and took a glimpse of his sleeves.

What am I even wearing?

Some sort of ceremonial robe?

He soon looked back at the creature in front of him, who was in a very aggressive stance.

"A talking... raccoon?" The boy said as he tilted his head.

The raccoon snarled at him, baring its sharp teeth. "Just who are you calling a raccoon! I am aiming to become the greatest magician-! Well, whatever... Hey you, human! Hurry and gimme those clothes, otherwise... I'll roast ya!"

It sent a threatening flame right beside the boy, who barely flinched as he looked at the creature with an amused grin.

A dream with a talking raccoon-cat? This is something new...

He then frowned.

Is this even still a dream?

No...

The flames earlier were too hot to belong in some sort of dreamlike plane of existence.

For a moment, he could feel the dread building up as it caused his heart to ache.