Chapter 7 - A Monster in the Mines

ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠɪʟʟᴀɪɴ'ꜱ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ

-

Maruyake was humming a tune as he made his way towards the cafeteria.

With a smile on his face, he took another look at his work. It was pictures of students walking around the courtyard with curious expressions, they were looking around while laughing with one another. It was a peaceful sight that the boy had to take pictures of it.

What pretty smiles

Just like-

His train of thought was stopped as he then heard a loud crash.

What in the name of the Great Seven is going on!

Maruyake quickened his pace but came to a halt on the doorway at the sight in front of him.

-

"Darn it! He's darting around everywhere!" Ace yelled as he watched the cat taunt him from the chandelier that he is perched on.

"Heheheh! Catch me if you can, suckers!"

"Getting on the chandelier is an underhanded move! We haven't learned the magic to fly yet, we need something to get up there, and also catch him..."

How?

...

What we need is a spell...

But what, is the question.

Deuce was in thought as he tried to remember each and every spell that he was taught during his high school years. Only to remember vivid memories, causing the pool of frustration to grow within the bluenette.

Damn it!

He scratched the back of his head, as he noticed the cat jumped into another chandelier.

If only I paid more attention...

The boy thought bitterly, but quickly squashed any more thoughts of the past, before it could continue to fester within his mind.

No, I should focus! It's not the time to wallow on what happened then.

I am here in NRC, this is the me now.

So think of something!

He looked around, hoping to find or do something that could help.

Something to make the cat go down...

The boy then caught sights on his fellow first year next to him.

Ace could maybe cause a distraction?

No, what good would it do if we can't even reach Grim.

What if...

-

"I did it!"

"No way! Lemme try it too!"

Deuce was just passing by, when he heard them. The bluenette was on his way back to his group when he saw the two boys practicing their magic. For a moment, he watched them, as they worked on refining spell after spell. It wasn't much to begin with, outside of any school for magicians, magic was just taught as a class.

It wasn't like he was interested in any of that.

He has magic, yes.

But as long as it allows him to be able to drive a "Magic wheel" or help his group get out in a pinch, he wasn't really looking forward in learning anything. (It wasn't till he heard his mother cry that he realized his mistake.)