Chapter 6 - Disaster to the Left and Right

⚠ Characters might be OOC

-

ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠɪʟʟᴀɪɴ'ꜱ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ

-

You are our light...

The future of our land, you will shine like the burning sun. Your flames will dance and be the source of hope to our people.

You are the bearer to our land's most precious gift.

The gift of everlasting...

The gift of safety and tranquility.

Yes...

That is what you are to be...

And we shall all call you-

-

Maruyake was awoken with a gasp for air as he sat up from the old bed.

Why now?

Why does it have to...

The boy shook his head, looking over beside him was Grim, still fast asleep.

He then took a glance at the window, only to notice how early in the day it was.

The sun was barely up.

Maruyake knew that he should go back to sleep, but the thought of resting his head on the pillow and be consumed by slumber, nauseated him.

He sighed as he proceeded to stand up, rubbing the drowsiness of sleep off him.

I guess it can't be helped.

-

Grim was still asleep when he heard voices surrounding him.

"Heeheehee... Don't you have to be up to clean the school?"

That voice...

It sounds familiar.

Was what the monster thought, but didn't paid it any mind and continued to snooze.

"Unnn... munyaaa... Five more minutes..."

He swatted his paws towards the source of the sound, as if it would drive them away.

Louie gave a mischievous chuckle, eyeing the other ghosts, who had the same idea as him. "Laze about too long and you'll never wake up again."

"Just like us! Eee heehee!" Huey added, unable to contain his giggles.

At that, as if the puzzle pieces had clicked in Grim's mind, he woke up with a shriek then backed away from the ghosts.

"Ffgya!? It's those ghosts again!" The monster frantically searched for Maruyake as the boy was nowhere near beside him.

"Oh please, do behave why don't you? The poor thing must be frightened."

Speaking of the boy, he was at the corner of the room beside a closet. Getting ready for the day, the monster watched the human finished the final buttons on his uniform.