×Chapter 2×

Tango had met up with Stress soon after the meeting at spawn island had started. He knew that she would have been impacted the second most by Ex's return beside Xisuma.

  "Stress? You in here?" The fire elemental walked through the large bright coloured castle in the forest, looking for his friend.

  Soft sniffles caught his attention. Tango followed the sound until he reached a room that was a bit off the paths of the hallways. He noticed his friend sitting on the floor, holding her knees to her chest.

  "He's back, Tango.. but they're gonna lock him up before he can explain anything.. Ex is back..." She said, not turning to face the newcomer.

  "I know, Stress... Maybe we can go visit him. Everyone might be confused on why we didn't say anything when the panic happened, so it might assure them if we show up." Tango explained, sitting beside his friend.

  He noticed a group of photos laid out in front of them, photos of times that they had hung out with their friend. He glanced away from them to avoid tearing up himself, instead looking at his friend.

  "O-okay.. Let's go see him.. I bet X brought him to his base to be on the safe side.." Stress wiped her tears and snot on her sleeve, pushing herself to stand.

  Tango stood up afterwards, glancing at the photos.

  "Wanna take a few with us? In case he's forgotten us a bit?" The fire elemental suggested, earning a slight nod from the girl.

  Tango kneeled down and grabbed the photos, handing some to Stress to put away while he held onto the others. She put the photos away in an ender chest. She then turned to her friend and sighed softly.

  "Let's go see our best friend..."

×××××

  Xisumavoid was making his was to Stress's base, using probably more rockets than he should. He landed just at the front of the main castle, and rushed in. X knew that she wouldn't have left and he would have come to check on her.

  He looked around for the two absent hermits. He heard distant conversing down the hallway and rushed towards it. He soon found the two, Tango was gripping what seemed like photos in his hand while comforting a sniffly Stressmonster.

  "Hey.." Xisuma started, surprising the two out of their conversation.

  "Hi X, we were about to head to your base. What's up?" Tango asked, trying to act nonchalant, but slightly failing.

  "You guys are friends with him. As soon as I noticed it was him, I wanted to check on you guys. I have Doc, Iskall and False guarding him at my base." Xisuma stated, glancing at the two through his helmet.

  He was glad that his visor tended to hide his face well. Because the admin was crying himself, managing to keep his voice level. But apparently, he wasn't doing a good enough job to hide it from Stress.

  "Xisuma.. you're crying?" She asked, worried for the admin.

  This only resulted in a slow nod from the hermit. Tango sighed softly, bringing Xisuma into a hug gently.

  "It's not your fault. We don't blame you for what happened." The fire elemental said, surprising the admin.

  Xisuma just hugged back, hiding his face in his friend's shoulder. He soon pulled away, sniffling and sighing softly. 

  "S-sorry.." X said, tossing back and forth the idea of taking off his helmet in front of them in his head, wanting to wipe his tears.

  "You don't have to say that." Stress cut in, now calmer than before, but only because she was worried for the admin.

  "I took away your friend, Stress.. I'm so sorry..." Xisuma let out, as if he'd been holding in a breath for too long.

  Tango just pulled both sniffling hermits into a hug, wanting to have them calm before anyone left. The fire elemental soon let go, the sniffling slowing to soft hiccups.

  X let out a sigh, reaching a hand up to the side of his helmet where he pressed a small series of buttons. His helmet let out a small beep as it loosened on his head.

  The other hermits were amazed. Xisuma never took off his helmet unless the visor was broken, which that was very rarely. Neither of them could remember the last time X had taken off his helmet.

  Their amusement dropped to worry when Xisuma's face came into view after the helmet was pulled off. He looked stressed and puffy eyed from crying. The admin wiped his tears and used his shirt to clear out any water in his helmet. 

  That scar on his face would always be prominent, though he never explained how he got it. His black hair stuck to his forehead from the humid jungle air. But his green eyes sparkled like emeralds even when filled with sadness.

  "We should get to my base. Are you ready to see Ex?" Xisuma mentioned as he slipped his helmet back on.

  "As ready as I'll ever be." Stress replied, earning a soft noise of agreement from Tango.

  "Then let's go." The admin said as his helmet locked into place.