×Chapter 12×

Grian sat in his cold bedroom, wings wrapped around himself for warmth. He hated the cold, always had. But the cold of the End was terrible.

  He didn't know of the huge rescue mission being set up to help him escape, but had a feeling things were about to take a turn.

                              ×××××

   Xanthus and Xisuma were at their base again, talking with Mumbo and Joe about the situation. They had messaged the hermits about a upcoming meeting at Xisuma's base. Soon all the hermits joined the small group at Xisuma's base.

  Everyone already had a feeling it was about Grian since no one had heard from him since yesterday, and the socialite was commonly talking to at least one other hermit.

  Xisuma tried his best to help Mumbo relax, bringing Iskall, once he'd arrived, to come assist since Iskall knew Mumbo better than X. Xanthus was helping the others stay calm, since everyone was worried.

  "You all seem to have an idea of what's going on. Grian is missing, but we know where he is." Xisuma said once everyone had calmed down.

This earned a few sighs from hermits,  but also some questions.

  "Where is he then?" Cleo asked, looking at the group in front and noticing Joe standing with them.

  "Is he okay?" Wels asked, glancing at Xanthus and Xisuma then to Mumbo.

  "We aren't sure if he's safe, but that's why we are going to get him. So everyone. Get ready to head to the End.." Xisuma stated, feeling the three standing with him all tense up in worry.

  Most of the crowd nodded and left to get prepared. Cleo and Iskall stayed behind. The zombie woman walked to the front group, grabbing Joe's hands to help calm him.

  "You sure you wanna do this?" Cleo asked, knowing that Joe still had his powers and would be helping with the portal.

He nodded, smiling softly at her.

  "I'm sure, and this time I'm not doing it alone." Joe said, glancing at the twins.

  Xisuma and Xanthus were talking in the corner, both had helmets and gloves off to speak face to face about their powers. Cleo nodded slightly, understanding what Joe meant.

  "Just focus on your magic, think of a flame forming in your hand." Xanthus instructed his twin, who had his eyes closed tight.

  With a small burst of light, a dark purple flame flickered to life in the admin's hand. X looked at his brother, thankful for the assistance since he'd used admin abilities more than his own Watcher magic.

  "Your magic is darker than Grian's." Mumbo said, walking to stand next to the twins, Iskall beside him.

  "There's a good reason.. We've been Watchers longer than he has." Xanthus replied, lifting his hand to show the same dark purple magic.

  Mumbo and Iskall just stood there, slightly in shock that the two had been Watchers for a long time. Xisuma just let out a small chuckle at their surprised faces, lightening the mood slightly.

  Mumbo let out a laugh as well, thinking his face might've looked weird. Joe and Cleo soon joined the four of them. The group tried their best to keep the positive atmosphere, but with the event of rescue soon to come, no one could properly predict what would happen without thinking something dark.

                              ×××××

     Grian couldn't tell how long he'd been in the Watcher's castle. It felt like months had passed, but the dark void outside his window didn't indicate the passage of time.

  He suddenly heard commotion in the main room of the castle. It sounded like a multitude of people, all yelling and stomping. He didn't want to move, incase it was more Watchers who had come to argue with Braid and Crown.

  Grian recognized one voice in particular, and that was no Watcher. He quickly stood up and rushed to the door of his bedroom. He grabbed his sword and went to the main room. He forgot that he still had his mask and robes on. As soon as he saw what was happening, Grian froze in place, his sword gripped tightly.

  In front of him he saw a group. Every hermit in Hermitcraft season 7, even the newcomer Xanthus, standing in front of Braid. Crown was no where to be seen, but with the commotion, they were surely on their way.

  "Oh, Diamond. How nice of you to join us! Come help me get rid of these mortals." Briad said, glancing at Grian.

   The crowd looked at Grian as well, most filled with fear fueled determination. Two in particular were angry, not at Grian, but at Braid.

  "Give him back to us or we will have some problems!" Xanthus yelled at Braid, attracting their attention again.

  "Oh Spade, I almost didn't recognize you! Club as well? Almost the full deck." Braid said, bone chilling calmness in their voice.

  Grian couldn't believe what he was hearing. Xanthus and Xisuma.. were Watchers. He noticed two hermits were sneaking away from the group, the Architechs.

  He didn't want to move in case he startled his best friends, but he took off his mask while Braid was distracted.

   The hermits who noticed tried to keep quiet so Braid wouldn't notice as well. Grian held his sword's handle tight, his knuckles white with tension as he slowly moved up behind Braid.

  Braid whipped around as soon as Grian was behind them, knocking the hermit into a wall.

  "Ah, ah, ah Diamond. You know better than to attack me." Braid said, back turned on the hermits.

  Two dark purple fireballs hit Braid in the back. Xanthus and Xisuma stood apart from the others, dark wings spread wide.

Briad turned to face the duo, anger filling their eyes.

  "You two dare attack me? After everything I've done for you?!" Briad summoned a staff and aimed it at the duo, magic swirling around the wood.

  Grian glanced at the hermits, who were getting ready to battle. He pushed himself up from the rubble of the wall he hit. A volley of arrows was shot at the Watcher, from somewhere above.

  The battle began.